Carbon Express vs. Easton FMJ's

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jake C., Aug 7, 2014.

1. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot Carbon Express Reds right now and haven't had any complaints but I'm just wondering about the FMJ's. I don't really have a reason to switch arrows, I just like the look of the FMJ's a lot better. Im sure someone on here has shot both and was wondering if they could even tell a difference in the two while shooting them. If anyone has an opinion or advice on them that would be great.

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot both and while there wasn't any difference in accuracy I think the FMJs are far superior. Very durable, better weight, and I love the smaller diameter as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you are switching to the small diameter arrow that could affect your broadheads. I like the looks of the piledriver extreme pass thru, and they have an outsert that lets you use the normal threaded broadheads.

4. jetlynk

jetlynk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use piledriver extreme pass thru my buddy uses FMJ. Don't really see much of a difference in the two. We are both pretty well matched accuracy wise only difference is he doesn't flex his arrows after each shot fearing he will bend the aluminum. However Easton suggest you do a 1" been to ensure the carbon hasn't separated from the metal jacket, mainly after a few arrows have already blown up on people.

5. IAMIKE

IAMIKE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

This.

Shot blue streak selects the past 2 seasons. always thought that they were way to fat, and it started to get into my head. As dumb as that sounds, I got fmj and i shoot a lot better with them. Could it be mental? Sure....but isn't that what 90% of this is?

6. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the FMJ's for my Z7X and the Injexion FMJ's for my newer bows. I cant imagine another arrow making me switch, they've been amazing.

7. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the feedback guys

8. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i shoot fmjs and you cant beat the pentration with them. and you can also get some good wieght out of them. mine are 525 gr at 265 fps giving them a mo of .608 cant get that from a maxima red.