What happened to Bowtech?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BJE80, Jul 30, 2014.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is it just me or has bowtech somewhat fallen off the map a touch? Go back 5 years and Bowtech was a hot item to have. People were talking about them. People were showing them off. You saw their advertising.

Today, I hardly ever hear of people talking about their bows. I hardly see any advertising for them but admittedly I have not been looking either.

So is my perspective off here or did Bowtech seem to take a back seat to other bow manufactures?

2. ArcheryGirl

ArcheryGirl Guest

I see a lot of people shooting BowTech and showing off their bows. I certainly like to brag about it :D

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't watch the hunting shows or buy the mags anymore so I guess I don't see the advertising. I love my 340 and will buy another Bowtech when it is time for a new bow

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

AG, I am in no way dissing Bowtech or people that shoot them. And they certainly have their followers. I am just pointing out that I think compared to 5 years ago it seems to be much much less from what I have seen. Maybe it is just me and that is why I am asking.

Note: I'm not talking about BHC either as I'm sure their Mathews sponsorship had something to do with less Bowtech talk.

5. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hear quite a few people saying their quality has fallen quite a bit so that could be the reason they're not at popular anymore.

6. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think they've fallen off the map, I just think some of the other bow manufacturers have stepped it up a notch. Bowtech is only 14 years old it only took them about 5 years before they exploded on the market, so they're just leveling off with the others so you hear less.

7. Jtrump

Jtrump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ^^ basically what he said.

However I am enjoying my RPM 360 shooting a hunting arrow at 343fps and still being very very very quiet and accurate!

50 yards, all fixed blades... Bottom left I pulled that one ;(

Attached Files:

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't hear much on this site, but on others they are talked about quite a bit. Field & Stream picked Bowtech a few years in a row now in their Bow shoot out (yeah yeah, it's fixed LOL). I think it just depends where you look. Heartland Bowhunter guys shoot them but that's the only show off the top of my head that I can think of.

I like all bows and just because I currently own 2 Bowtech's doesn't mean I am fan boy. I am just saying I don't think they have dropped off. I think all manufacturers have picked it up so maybe they don't stand out like they used to. But everything levels off.

9. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that BowTech is manufacturing more bows than they ever have and they have seen steady growth for many years. I've been on their Corporate and now Pro Staff for several years it's a mad house over there because they are so busy.

With that said, BowTech has never been a marketing heavy company with big name Pro's or tons of guys on TV. They do have some select big names on TV though including the Shockey's, Heartland Bowhunter, Guy Eastman, and Jim Burnsworth. They originally grew their business at a grassroots following level, not by 3 page magazine ads or by putting their name on every 3D pro or hunting show out there.

I can also tell you that quality of their products hasn't fallen, it's actually gotten significantly better. Their fit/finish is among the best in the industry, their Hardcore Limbs are among the very best in the industry and head and shoulders above the Gordon Glass limbs that 90% of the other manufacturers are using, and their overall machining has gotten much better as well.

I think a big piece of this perception is that things have also changed in the online communities we hang out in over the past few years. There was a day when BowTech had a huge Corporate Staff and Pro Staff in the online communities. Since they have outsold their production capabilities for many years in a row they have scaled back on some of those programs, they simply don't need them. There was a day when the Huntingnet.com team and BH.com team were all shooting BowTechs, a majority of the most active posters were all shooting BowTech, and there were several Corporate and Pro Staff members in this community on a daily basis. Out of respect for the guys that own and run this site, the guys left on BowTech's staff today try not to shamelessly promote the product here. Most of the guys here that shoot BowTech reach out to me when they need help and I'm always available for anyone that has questions.

Obviously you may take what I have to say with a grain of salt but I 100% feel the Experience and the RPM360 are the absolute best hunting bows BowTech has ever produced. They are still improving the quality of their products every year, and they are still pushing the line on technology used in this industry faster than anyone in this space. I honestly feel everyone should shoot every brand available to them when considering a new bow, but if you aren't giving BowTech's a hard look and test drive you are short changing yourself IMHO.

10. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think after the exploding limbs, shallow cam grooves causing strings to derail, breaking flex guards and limb flaking issues people are just fed up with their quality control. Its the only brand that was on my do not buy list these past few years when I was looking to get a new bow.

11. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The field and stream test puts a heavy emphasis in speed. That's why they won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I read that alot, but they picked the Experience last year and it is far from a speed bow. Google it and they give a full explanation and scores on all the bows they tested. It was close this year and I agree this year the 360 won due to speed. Not the case last year though.

13. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah but last year they said the hunter would've one except that it's score went down after speed tests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. mylsuhat

mylsuhat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I see Bowtech around. They make fast but, IMO, loud bows. All in all they're good bows

Heartland Bowhunter uses them

15. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There's not much talk around here about bowtech either. The dealer that had them here dropped them because dealer support wasn't very good and he just couldn't sell them. He is mathews and Hoyt now

16. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks RJ. I just want to reiterate the intent of my post was not to rip on Bowtech.

17. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a 2013 Bowtech Experience and I like it alot! Last year when I bought it I shot a few other bows and the Experience was the best for me. I have a few buddies who love the RPM 360

18. Jtrump

Jtrump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

My bow isn't quiet sitting next to a 50# draw shooting a 500 grain arrow or anything, But if you didn't stand right next to me you wouldn't hear a thing. It's far from loud. I did shoot my friends Older bowtech "don't even know the name of it" but it was significantly louder then my bow and had a good bit of vibration. But it was a 3-4 year old bow.

19. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a five year old bowtech and it is far from loud, I really doubt the new models have gone downhill in that area. I'm not a fanboy or loyal to any single brand, but if I was in the market for a new bow I would definitely check out bowtech's lineup before making a choice.

20. patmcm129

patmcm129 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: