Descent your boots?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Slugger, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What do you do to descent your boots. I have always just used baking soda and scent spray and from time to time a cover scent. Anyone have anything else they do?

2. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My boots never see the inside of my home. I always keep them outside. Either on the porch or in the grass. When I get to the area I am hunting, I use a little spray on them to feel comfortable that they are close to being scent free.

3. Mr.O

Mr.O Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Baking soda and scent spray here too.

4. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wash them inside and out with HS Scent Away soap. Use scrub brush on outside. Dry them outside on the boot dryers and put them in a plastic tote and never wear them anywhere but the woods. Spray them down with scent away spray after you put them on before entering the woods. Make sure to soak them really good.

5. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oxy Elim-A-Scent Pro by Buck Country Products ? VanDam Warehouse Online Store

OXY scentX.JPG

Get one of these. They make 3 sizes. This is the middle one. The have a pocket size and a 120v for a room/closet/RV/shack. It is an Ozone producer. Man does it work. I gave it a good try. I have been using them for 3 years now.

Put your boots in a box with it for a few days. You will laugh out loud when you smell your boots. You may have to do a few times, the smell will come out from deeper in the leather but it will work. It is amazing.

This is what sold me on it. I have a Resort. A few Octobers ago, I had 2 guys with 2 dogs spend 5 days with us. They are bird hunters and come every year now. After they left the cabin smelled like wet dog. I put the big one (120v) on top the fridge and left it on high for 2 days, with all the windows shut. Smell was gone. Now I use them in cottages quite often. Ever smell an empty garlic/seasoning container. No matter how many times you wash it, it still smell like garlic? Put it under one of these and pick it up the next morning. It won't smell.

I used to spray all my stuff before and after every hunt. Not any more. Never have to spray my bow anymore either. I put one in my truck during season too. I use one in any blind I am in. I had on old doe walk entirely around a ground blind at less than 8 yards. Never spooked.

And if you have a teenage boy put the big one in his room and everyone will be happy.

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for sharing Whitetail. I am buying one!

7. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep... Me too!

8. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks awesome, might have to try one out.

9. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks