Switching it up last minute.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sticknstringarchery, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last minute for me anyway. I usually have everything figured out and ready to go before now.

I had a chance to shoot a Ben Pearson Stealth II a couple weeks back. I honestly thought it was just going to be another bow that shot ok and wouldn't really think much about it after the fact. NOT the case. It surprised me. Nice draw with a little hump right into a deep valley and huge let off. Speeds impressed me for a 33" ATA bow and so did the string angle. It holds like a 35" bow. As for speeds I shoot a 29" DL. Set at 57lb and a 386 grain arrow I shot an untuned 276 FPS. I feel like with a little tuning and maxing it out at its 62lb I should easily hit 290's. I'm good with that considering I dropped 3lb and gained 5 fps over my Centroid.

The most impressive thing is the noise level and vibration. Dang thing doesn't have any vibration at all. The noise level is one of the lowest I've ever heard. Load one of my FMJ's and it's nearly silent. I'd but it up against my old Carbon Element and say it is as quiet if not more so.

It's another shooter. Driving tacks and I still need to so a full blown tuning on it. Robin Hood another one with it yesterday.

Anyways, enough with the rambling. It's one really nice bow. Good enough I no longer own my Centroid. That took something for me to get rid of it.

[​IMG]

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good, the wood grip is sexy. It's amazing how far they have gone with the whole perforated riser concept in modern bows, that thing is a skeleton.