I could use some help identifying a bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Gimbledon, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Gimbledon

Gimbledon Newb

Dislikes Received:
    About fifteen years ago I got this bow from a friend who wasn't using it(left-handed). He got it from I believe a family member years before. I shot it maybe a month at targets then it sat in its case for the past fifteen years.

Now that the history of what I know about the bow is out of the way, here is the rest of what I know: Nothing. There are no brand name markers, no serial numbers(checked with a magnifying glass all over the bow), and the only thing that stands out on the bow is two glittery-like circles that are embedded into the bow(photos will show). I have spent many hours trying to find anything about this bow. Any info about it or where to look or even its worth would be helpful. Thank you for looking.

IMAG0080.jpg IMAG0081.jpg IMAG0084.jpg IMAG0086.jpg keep.jpg

2. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My dad had a bow that looked alot like that in the early 80's. His was a Browning Safari....I think.

3. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to go with browning as well. My dad had one with a similar wood riser but, couple extra pulleys.

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The limbs, string, and pulleys look exactly like an old Darton that's been in my family for years. I'll ask my dad to send me some pics tomorrow...IIRC Darton had a small metallic badge sort of similar to that as well.