Peep Sight Blurry

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Blarney22, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just had a new string put on my bow and for the first time I had an inline peep installed instead of the kind with the rubber tube. With the fast bow I have now I have been having issues with the tube breaking or coming off the peep.

My question to everyone out there is, can you see the peep clearly when are at full draw?

What I mean is that when I draw and look through the peep, the peep is basically a blur. I tried 4 different colors of peep and they were all the same. I have really good vision (no glasses or contacts) but I have always had this problem with peeps.

Is it just me or does the peep look like a blur to everyone else?

2. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If your focus is on your sight pins it (as it should be ) it will be blurry.
    Your eye can only focus on one thing at a time.

3. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What size peep are you using?
    what degree peep is it?
    One very important part of using any peep is to make sure that it is set in the right spot in the string to line up to your eye every time.
    I use a 3/16" peep with a 2" HHA optimizer. so that at full draw the 2 rings (peep and sight housing) line up exact.

4. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If it is a new peep it might need to settle into the strings still. Give it three or four twists before every shot and that might help. I had a similar issue after putting on a new peep and after about a month of doing this everything cleared up.

5. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If some of the problem you are having is the peep is twisted some and it's not a perfect circle then you will need to take some time to train it. Slight twists in the string before drawing and if you have a D-loop turning the string some in it with a twist often helps keep it centered at full draw. From the sounds of it though you just mean blurry when you look through it and others are right above where they said it should be blurry if you are looking through it and concentrating on your pins.

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    For me the peep itself changes things. I have a hard time seeing through a Fletcher peep (1/4") but see clearly through a 1/4" RAD Super Deuce. I think it is the finish.

7. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now that Whitetail mentions it, is it a glare from lighting or the sun that's doing it Blarney22??

8. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies guys. It's not from peep twist and I don't think it is glare, I drew in the store. I think KjKlump confirmed what I suspected, its from only being able to focus on one thing at a time. The pins appear as they should.

The pro shop had me draw the bow while we got it into the correct position and the peep I believe is 3/16 and matches the pin guard on my sight as it should.

I haven't shot the bow yet with the new peep so we will have to see how it goes.