How good is your bow warranty?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Matr138920, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have any horror stories of what happened to their bow or a friend's and what the company did to compensate? Here's one that is probably hard to beat. A friend of mine works a a pro shop and he was telling me about one of his customers. The customer had one of the two cam versions of the mathews line, but didn't have a bow case for it and transported it in the bed of his pickup, which in my mind is dumb enough to begin with. He was going down the freeway when a semi was next to him and the the air current lifted the bow out of the bed and the truck ran over the bow. Surprisingly the riser was the only part that was damaged, just mangled. He brought it in to my buddies store to have him contact mathews. They said that they couldn't do anything about it, cause they no longer produced that particular bow, but that they would give him a 50% discount on a new drenalin. Now that is what I call dumb, the fact that they give him half off a bow cause his stupidity speaks that they take care of their customers. Anyone else have a story like this, let me know.

2. michaellouderman

michaellouderman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That beats anything I ve ever heard!

3. okcaveman

okcaveman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The air current lifted a 4-6 pound bow out of the bed of a truck?

4. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds kind of like a pickup that I repaired and painted once . The owner had convinced his insurance that the wind had caught the door as he was opening it and it folded around into the fender . For some reason , I had to repair a dent on the inside of the door before I could get it to close though :)