Best Mathews bow made

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bassmasterjk, Jun 21, 2014.

1. bassmasterjk

bassmasterjk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know we have a lot of knowledgeable Mathews shooters on here so, i wanted to hear some opinion's on the best bow they ever hunted with. I hunt with a 2010 Monster MR6 and love it! Might be time to get a new one in a year or two. It had me thinking of what my next bow might be, a new marketed out bow or a discontinued but proven bow. So what is the best hunting bow Mathews has made?;)

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  3. bassmasterjk

bassmasterjk Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have not hunted with it yet but to date the Chill X seems to be the best to me. Before then my favorite Mathews to date was the MR 7 with the Switchback a close second.

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Bowhunter1997

Bowhunter1997 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my z7

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

7. ILbowhunter

ILbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Z7 Magnum. I've kept it the longest of any bow I've ever owned. I bought the first one my dealer got in, and I'm still using it for a hunting bow.

8. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    My all time fav was the Z7X,,I currently have the Creed X and its real close to the Z7X. Alot of guys like the Chill better but The Creed line up is more comfy to me!

9. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ever since I bought my DXT I havent had enough reason to switch as specs stay close to the same, besides the monsters.

10. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say the MQ1 or the Q2, but that would just date me. ;)

V

11. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't agree more. I have the Z7 Magnum and Creed. I will NEVER get rid of the Z7 Magnum. Love this Bow!

[​IMG]

12. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nothing against Mathews bows but i had 2 of my friends that shot there bows and 1 of them lost part of there face do to the limbs snapping and the other the the rise cracked in half while shooting... and have heard other stories from people about there bows but i love there design and the way they shoot i just don't think id waste the money on them.... sorry to all that love and hunt with them... but after seeing my buddies arm and face i will not own one! the sad part is the manufacture didn't have anything to say about it and wanted no part of the situation! not saying they changed there ways now but.... maybe during that time my buddies got just a lemon....

13. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There's not enough info in that story to base any judgement on for or against the company, lots of things can cause that and this is the first time I have EVER heard of a Mathews bow blowing up. I'm not a Mathews guy, I'm a Hoyt guy but I have lots of friends and family that shoot Mathews and have for better than a decade and not one such instance or story. Not saying it didn't happen but makes me wonder if there is more to the story on their age or usage/condition.

Bowtechs....now that's another story, heard a bunch of storys about their limbs busting and I've had two Bear bows over the years that the limbs broke just hanging on the wall.

14. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing more to the story let me see if I can find out the model maybe 1 bow they discontinued do to problems... i shoot a diamond and love it... but I used to hear good things about there bows as well which made me go shoot one and almost buy but didnt have the expense at that time so I settled with my old bow... then that year is when this happened... well a year apart from each other.... but like I said tho nothing against there bows I just thought id let people know about it... my one buddy doesn't hunt with a bow anymore but the other shoots a Hoyt and loves it...

15. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing that you know of at least. Were they shooting heavy enough arrows, were they ever dry fired, drawn with fingers...string torqued, maintenance and condition, age? So many things that could cause it that most people don't even think about like hanging on a rack in the back glass of a pickup. Mathews could well have had a model that I would not heard about that had problems, I have no idea but I've been around conservatively dozens of Mathews bows and people who have used them for years without an explosion so it just makes me wonder why two cases a year apart in a group of friends...just a curiosity is all.

16. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Google it and you will see about complaints on other forms.... dont mean to nit pick at it but some people I guess are Mathew nuts and stand by it which is fine just saying what happened to my buddies... and by the way 1 owned his own archery shop and was sponsored by Mathews... so... whichever this was a few years ago and im sure they have had a bow that was crap who knows im trying to find out the model...

17. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The best Mathews bow I've ever shot was the Switchback XT. I still have one but its the backup to my CS34 which I can shoot even better than the SBXT.

18. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    This holds true for every bow manufacturer, and for that matter every single product ever made.

19. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the switchback xt and loved it but didnt buy it sorry I didnt but I love my diamond now so and its been great to me for the last 5 years

20. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If your riser breaks in half because if a dry fire that is one crazy weak riser. I understand it is under immense forces but to actually break in half it would need to be pretty crappy. Hoyt's risers can withstand over 1000 dry fires. I would never recommend it but if one companies can withstand thousands and another's can only withstand 1 then I say the other company is clearly inferior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk