Bow String Depot review...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by wolbear, Jun 9, 2014.

1. wolbear

wolbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, let me start by giving some quick background here. I run my own Custom Tuning Shop from the downstairs of my home. My wife is a wonderful woman who allowed me to finished a room in the downstairs to do custom tuning! IKR! Anyway, as a custom tuner I decided to use some of the most trusted string builders in the business as my suppliers. You will know their names as Twisted X, JBK, 60X, and Hogwire. Each of these builders I consider not only a supplier but also a friend. I trust their quality and attention to detail in every set they make.

That being said, I recently began speaking to Hutch (Bow String Depot) on here and discussing unrelated items. In these discussions I found something that is truly hard to come by these days, an individual that wants nothing less than customer satisfaction. This is a trait I hold dear to my heart as I will do everything in my power to go above and beyond for any customer. I decided to give Hutch a try and see exactly what his string sets were made of. The following is a true and accurate account of the testing I performed.

Upon arrival of the set ( which took less than a week), I noted the correct color combination as well as serving I requested. I was outfitting a Hoyt Vector Turbo with a new set in red/ black with a white pin stripe. The set was perfect in form and fit, and the servings appeared tight. I immediately installed them on the Vector Turbo and started with the tuning process. After ATA and cam timing/ sync were set (which if you have ever messed with a Vector Turbo you will know may NOT be what Hoyt recommends) I began the more "precise" tuning with paper, Modified Bears Tuning, and bareshaft. I was impressed to say the least. Rock solid, zero peep rotation, and dead on the shot performance.

After messing with the set for a week or so, I decided to send her off for some REAL testing. I have a close friend and Staff Shooter for my tuning shop (Jeremy) that shoots an extreme amount. He agreed to take the Vector Turbo and "Shoot the piss out of her!" as he says! Well, after another week or more of 200 shots average thru the set still no signs of wear, tear, or movement.

In closing Hutch is the real deal guys and gals, trust him to make your next set! I am in the process of sending him the dealer paperwork now so I can offer my customers his string sets for their bows! Thanks agin Hutch for making an incredible product, now if I could only get a free set for my Carbon Element G3, that would be BOMB!!! LOL

2. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can second that from the set he built for me. I even found out that my bow wears cables in a weird way and needs high end serving. He set me up great and then thanked me for informing him about this issue and now he can tell later customers about it. Nothing but good experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I concur with everything you say. I am extremely anal about my strings and my tune and I also talked with hutch on several occasions about how he builds strings and he seemed to be right in line with what I have been taught was the correct way. I am extremely pleased with the quality and customer service. I also think people will find the price nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

4. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And I will be ordering a set for my element g3 soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with everything you said...nice write up! I have ordered numerous sets from Hutch, I think around 6 sets to be exact...lol. Every set has been perfect! Very Well made. I'm like tfox in a way, i'm anal about my bows and there strings. I first ordered a set for my PSE Brute X over a year when I met him on here. The factory strings were so bad I had to find some good ones..lol. Everyone knows that PSE single cams are hard to keep the peep from moving because they do not use serving over the idler wheel. Not one issue with his. The first set I had a "Pro Shop" more less ruin when the installed them....lol. Thats another story for another time. So I called him up and ordered another set, bought me a new press and done them myself with his help. Not one issue. He was glad to help to me and walk me through every step of what needed to be done. He does back everything he puts in the mail and will build them anyway you want them. He is what i consider a great friend and genuine guy to deal with. Even after all my stupid questions....lol.

6. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have a set on my new Creed yet but all 3 of my stick bows are rockin his strings. Very happy with the strings and Hutch. Solid dude

7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Will be the next place I purchase a set when I'm ready. Have heard a lot of good things from people on here.

8. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In the process of picking colors and ordering now!

9. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Another satisifed customer here!!! All my string sets will be from Hutch!

10. HunterC.

HunterC. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just recently got my set from Hutch. Outstanding customer service! He is a great guy and I will continue to get my sets from him!!

11. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: