Was able to shoot the Chill X today

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tpmonaha, May 28, 2014.

1. tpmonaha

tpmonaha Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went to a local proshop here in Raleigh after work to see if they had any of the new Chills in the showroom yet and they had one SDX and one X. They both looked awesome. The guys let me shoot the X and it was pretty sweet. I think that if you can get out to shoot one it is worth it. I liked the draw cycle on it quite a bit. It held extremely well and obviously most people would think so for it being a 35 ATA bow. The backwall was solid and it was very easy to keep it at full draw, (the rock mods really are sweet). Just not sure if its a bow I would personally want to hunt with from a stand with it being 35 inches; however, that's just me! Awesome bow, go shoot one if you are able to I think a lot of guys really will like it a lot. The Chill R is something they had but the draw length was really off on it so I didn't shoot it. If anyone likes there Chill R let me know how you like it, it would be more of a bow I would hunt with since it is 33 inches! Thanks guys!

I also shot an Elite for the first time ever, an Elite 32 and it was sweet too! haha Much different feeling than the CHill X. To me it was very top heavy; however, the backwall like everyone has is SAWEET! The top heaviness didn't bother me that much but it would be something I would have to get use to for sure. It did shoot very nice too. I will have to keep shooting my bow for now because I have now shot the hoyt carbon spyder, chill, the chill X, and elite 32 and I would have a hard time picking if I bought a new one! haha :lol:

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  2. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hehe

i'll be trying out the chill x today before going on shift. i like the swing back to longer ata

3. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was pleasantly surprised with the chill X. Don't have any plans to buy one but I can't really say anything bad about it. Shot and felt very nice.

4. benlwilson

benlwilson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Chill X and the Chill R side by side when I was trying to decide what bow to get. I also shot the Hoyt Carbon Spider Turbo and the Elite Energy 35. After trying them all, I bought the Chill R. All were sweet. You would not go wrong with any of them. However, to me the Chill R just shot and felt better than the other ones.

5. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, i have both the CST and Chill R and have shot them both side by side for months. My nod goes to the ChillR, but not by much.

6. tpmonaha

tpmonaha Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dang, I have shot the chill and chill X and loved both of them, also shot a Carbon Spyder 30 and really loved that too. It would be tough for me to make a decision haha

7. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a chill, have shot the chillR but like my chill because it is a tad shorter. Got a set of rock mods coming for it, supposed to make a big difference! I'll have to shoot the x when I go to my bow shop.