Turkey hunting question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Ccatt93, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Ccatt93

Ccatt93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had the first period up here in WI and I wanted to get it done with my bow. I saw so many turkeys the best way to describe it is the field looked like it was covered in geese. Anyway these birds seemed to be either hen'd up or still grouped up from winter but I called these birds into 60 yards was running two hen decoys and a Jake those toms wouldn't move an inch closer from 60 yards this happened 3 days in a row any ideas or tricks for next time?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Natures way is for the hens to come to the toms. Bow hunting turkeys is very challenging as in most cases your confined to a blind and using decoys. There is no sure fire way to get a gobbler into bow range every time you go out. Try switching up the decoys or move to the spot where they hung up. You could even put the decoys on the side of the blind away from where they hung to try to get them closer. You saw a ton of turkeys that's a good start.

3. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If there are that many. Might have some fun and get out of the blind and try sneaking up closer onto them.