Would you do it?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by duckbuster1484, Apr 18, 2014.

1. duckbuster1484

duckbuster1484 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’m loosely in the market for a new HUNTING bow. I love my MR7 but my shoulders are starting to show some wear from martial arts and obsessive compulsive bow shooting. I’m not dead set on buying anything but I have had the itch for 2 years now and wouldn’t mind something a little lighter and less aggressive. I’ve shot a few bows between this year and last, and I must say the Elites are catching my eye. I have shot the E32 but haven’t put my hands on the E35 yet.
    This is where my dilemma starts. While I was at the bow shop yesterday shooting various bows they offered me a “Totally Lost” Creed, brand new in the box for $750 (I also get a 5% discount on top of that). While they aren’t giving the bow away, I feel this is a very good price. This is where you guys come in…… What are Creeds going for where you all shop and if given the same option would you take it or not? I’m not sure if the dipped cams increases the price or not but I’ve been seeing used Creeds sell for around that price. I really think I’m going to like the E35 better than the creed based off of the E32, but considering the E35 weighs just as much as my MR7 the only thing I will gain is the draw cycle. With the Creed I will cut nearly a pound off of the bow and have a less aggressive shooting bow.

2. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a good price on a tlc creed. I would do it in a heart beat its a great shooting bow i shot it last year. But one of the proshops i work at part time to help out we sell just the reg camo creeds for 750 not including tax and the reg camo creed xs for 875. I would buy it just cause its a totally lost they only make so many of those each year like the mcpherson sig edition. But the creed is a joy to shoot its so smooth has a solid backwall its sniper accurate and so easy to tune and with the 30 ata its perfect. I like the creed and creed xs alot especially how they feel like larger ata bows dew to the larger cam and idler. My creed 30 ata feels like a 32 ata and my xs 28 ata feels like a 30 i like them alot cause of that . a shorter bow more compact that feels like a larger ata then it is. but i would do it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    I have a Totally Lost Creed and I think that is a fair price for that bow. With the Creed XS being out now, the regular Creed bow is now cheaper. I don't think the Cams being dipped increases the value of the bow. Just makes it rare and look INCREDIBLY cool. Since the cams are dipped by Mathews, they are still covered by the warranty. If they were dipped afterwards, the warranty would be voided. The lesser weight of the Creed will a huge plus for you when you shoot for long periods of time. I hope this helps!

4. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a pretty good price on one, I'd probably jump on it for that deal.

5. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guess the real question you have to ask is does the slight price difference really make a difference to you. That is a great price but from your post you sound like you really want to go with the Elite. If the price doesn't matter then deal or not it probably isn't what you are truly gonna be happy with in the long run. A deal on something you don't like or won't be happy with isn't a deal.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

6. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy bought a creed on sale for 700 but it was originally priced at 900 and that wasn't a tlc. I don't know what tlc is but that's all I know about what creeds go for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The price would be secondary to the joy of having what you really want. If a less aggressive bow is the objective there are many to evaluate.

8. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I assume you shot it,so what did you think of it vs the E32? Bottom line is buy what will make you happy not what is cheaper.

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good price, but not reason enough to buy it. I think you would be making the right choice with the Elite, especially since you shot it and liked it.

10. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot & buy what ya like.. Me personally I'd rather have the Creed but that's because I'm not a fan of binary cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. duckbuster1484

duckbuster1484 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot both bows side by side. Considering I’ve only owned “speed bows” in the past, all of the new smooth shooting bows seem great to me. I shoot a 30.5” draw, I can live with a 30” draw on some bows but the E32 @ 30” felt really short to me. That’s why I want to shoot the E35 so I can try a 30.5” draw. My problem with the E35 is it weighs virtually the same as my Monster so I would not get any benefit from weight reduction. I did like the draw and valley of the Elite a little more than the Creed.
    I’m not 100% sure I want to buy a new bow this year. I do have an ongoing shoulder issue that bothers me more on some days than others. I know at some point a 70lb draw and an aggressive cam bow are going to be out of the question for me, but I’m not that bad off yet. At the end of the day, I want a new bow; I don’t need a new bow. When they offered a special edition, and somewhat rare considering I shoot left handed Creed at $750 it did get my attention. I guess my biggest question is how good of a deal is it? I figured with the Creed being “last years” model it would be in the $800 range so $750 didn’t seem super cheap, but wasn’t sure what the “totally lost” edition would sell for.
    I will more than likely talk myself out of a new bow once again hoping something better will come out next year, but this is the third year in a row I’ve been less than impressed….