sponsors

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mbh2340, Apr 16, 2014.

1. mbh2340

mbh2340 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone know any companies looking for pro staff members or team members? I honestly want to be apart of something bigger, don't get me wrong i love going out by myself and enjoy gods creation he has presented me. I just feel like I could help a company, spread there name and products.

2. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes^^^ I would love to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    On occasion you'll see companies out looking for prostaff, some have even posted on the forums here. Honestly, instead of trying to get on "a" prostaff, I'd focus on what it is that you are using already. If you like it, let people know.

There are plenty of ways you can interact with companies these days (forums, FB, trade shows). My advice is to be honest and show your true enjoyment of hunting and yes, even their product.

FWIW, if I owned a business, the folks out there that just wanted to be on any prostaff would be far down the list compared to those diehard fans that have been using my product for the long haul.

Also, if you want to be part more of something bigger, start documenting and sharing your passion in a more professional way (blogs, journals, YouTube channel...) and companies will start to notice.

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Also, its good to realize that the vast majority of "prostaff" (promotional staff) don't get paid. Most don't even get free gear. Often products are offered at a discounted rate for their promotion, hero pics and such.

5. dtimm77

dtimm77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yea i though it would be cool. but then i saw how you have to sell yourself out to c company that you may not even like just to get the "prostaff" so i dont care anymore im gonna use what i want to and believe in.

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Again, I think this approach is wrong. Don't sell out. Already be sold on the company.

7. PhotolabStudios

PhotolabStudios Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Fitz. I would say use the gear you really like. And promote the heck out of it. Do a little video review and post it to FB, Twitter, YouTube... Its so nice to see REAL HUNTERS promoting REAL PRODUCTS they use, rather than some hot shot "celebrity" saying they love this or that product, mostly cause they just got a ton of money to do it. If you hunt hard, put the equipment thru the ringer. Use it properly, dont abuse it. And if you told me that you've hunted with a certain type of arrows for X years now, and harvested X amount of animals, and told me why you liked them and things you didnt, I would trust your word 10 fold over some "celebrity hunter" in a commercial. And hopefully the products you love, will get to other people and word will spread. Thats my two cents but Im just some hick in the woods with too many guns!