VaporTrail Limbdriver Pro V

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by grommel, Apr 14, 2014.

1. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys. Does anyone use the VaporTrail Limbdriver V rest? I`m thinkn of switching to this rest, right now i`m using a whisker buscuit and cant decide if I should make the switch. I actually love the whisker but wanna know if there is really gonna be a significant change in my speed. I`m a short fella, my draw is 28" and I shoot at 60#s. I just picked up the Strother SX Rush and love it. Any input would be greatly appreciated. GOD BLESS, grommel:confused:

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

If speed is your only reason for switching then NO, it won't be worth the time and money spent. There are other good reasons to consider a switch. Nothing wrong with the WB if you like it though.

3. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Youll get more speed dew to the fact that theres no friction or nothing touching the arrow or vains during the shot not alot of speed but some. Youll have better accuracy and tighter groups with a drop away. And you wont rip up vains no matter how much you shoot compared to after a while the biscuit does rip off or tare vains. And youll be able to fine tune alot better with a drop away . But its up to you theres alot of good drop aways out there and some are reasonably priced like the nap apache or the basic qad hunter model and many others.

4. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    On average from what we've seen you only lose about 3fps roughly with a biscuit...Now they can be a little rough on vanes but the ol' WB does shoot well on a properly tuned bow.

5. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dude, Spell check.

OP, The Pro V is a great rest to upgrade too. You will not gain much in terms of speed but you will have a more forgiving setup and improved consistency over all.

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Pro-V but not at all due to speed. The speed gained or lost from switching rests will never impact whether a harvest occurs or not. As a matter of fact if speed is your only concern for making any decision (arrows, rests, points)...I ask you to think about this...

Would you rather be hit by a straw flying 1000fps or a pencil going 200fps? Speed is just a small part of why we as hunters should choose equipment...but momentum will carry far more weight (pun intended) in penetration power than speed ever will. :)

7. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the feedback guys I really appreciate it

8. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a huge fan of the Limbdriver rests and recently switched from a standard Limbdriver to the Pro V. Do not switch because of speed increase. The difference will be so minor you will not notice it. Switch because the Limbdriver will give you very good containment and a much easier tune.