Why I visit this forum.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buckeye, Apr 11, 2014.

1. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Starting with Graf's old message board... I have been visiting his forums for 12 years, since 2002. Because of that, I have met quite a few cool dudes who I have hung out with, scouted, shot and hunted with. Also, some good friends I have yet to meet in person.

When I joined all those years ago I never would have imagined I would still be stopping by all these years later. Nor would I have thought about how I would get to follow along with so many others seasons and success and share mine with them as well.

Every big buck I have ever taken has been shared on these forums and it was great to share my stories with you guys. That's pretty crazy when I think about it. Some of you were there with me for all of my best moments in the stand.

Although the forum has seemed to change a great deal over the last couple years, I still can't wait to long on in the fall to see the photos and read the stories of the animals being taken by the members here.

That's why I visit here... Why do you?

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All the trail cam pics and knowledge is my reason to hang here

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Being able to learn and share information on different topics. This site having overall one of the friendliest group of people I've seen on forums. Just being able to talk and hear about others and their success and animals they hunt.

Mostly its the info and the people, not sure I've made any real good friendship yet though but it's easy to talk to a lot of guys on here and ask quesions.

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stumbled on the site as the 2011 season was just starting. Ended up making some pretty good friends, and hope to meet and make more. I love reading the stories of everyone across the country, (which actually makes me jealous, bastards). Also became a pretty big trail camera nerd, and trying to get that perfect shot/set up keeps me in the field more than ever.

The banter is pretty comical too.

Also seems to be a pretty good outlet to everyday bs I deal with, most don't understand....nor do I expect them to.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Buckeye (Scott) i miss ya at the G2G dude, your life of the party! Proud to call you my friend and love following your adventurs on the forums! You BBK ;) I visit these forums because of the knowlege i gain from it! There sre some pretty witty people with good info posted on here! Have made many many friends from here to! Im a life r.

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very similar reasons for me. I've actually thought a lot about this lately due to the move to IL. I never would have thought 10+ years after joining the original forum I would have moved halfway across the country for my job and already had a bunch of friends out here.

This year I'll be sharing the woods with several members from the forum and I can't wait......

7. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I joined this forum on a quest to become a bow hunter, although I didn't know it at the time. I started shooting a bow after a relatively successful first rifle season taking two deer. My brother left the bow he borrowed for me at my house after the season ended and I found myself slinging arrows and not doing so well. I joined here and learned to shoot from advice here. That snowballed into an obsession for getting close and increasing my sightings/kills.

The guys here have helped me develop and hone my skills. Although I have a long way to go still before I consider myself successful, my success has been much greater than many others I know in this time frame. I have to give credit to the help and advise I've gained here.

I have met a few guys that I've gotten together with and shot with. I've been a member here for close to 3 years now and it's been great for the most part. In my younger (time in archery) I did get in a few heated debates. Since then I've chosen to stay out of most of them.

I come here because its home. It's where I go to learn and share things I've learned. It's a great place with great people.

8. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tons of good people and lots of good information. Love the stories. Good atmosphere=Good people=Satisfaction and Knowledge.

9. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started out a few months back just looking for feedback on Hoyt CST and now I check back every couple of days. To me it's the genuinely helpful and nice people who give great advice. Very supportive group of people who just love the sport.

10. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I come here because we are all liked minded, we love bowhunting! I've learned so much from these forums and enjoy reading a lot of the stories. And I loved being a part of the contest this year and am looking forward to it again.

11. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I joined about a year ago. I was on another major forum, and just couldn't take the bashing and arguing anymore, so I was looking for a different place to talk deer and bow hunting. when I found this forum, I could tell right away it was different and where i belong. There were constant positive comments, words of encouragement to one another, support of one another, for the most part its how the world/people SHOULD be to each other!seemed like the forum was living by the golden rule. I feel i quickly blended right in, and I truly enjoy coming on the forums daily, several times. I enjoy expressing my opinion to others, and to be a comedian in the "water cooler" (except for the unicorn name post...lol) I cant wait to attend the GTG in 2015 (already in the financial 2015 budget) and meet a lot of the friends i have met on here. The show was an added bonus, that i didn't even know was here at first! But it has inspired me to be a better hunter, and to strive towards a goal of one day being a BHOD pro-staff member. This will be my 2nd year of self filming. big thanks to everyone for making me feel at home!

12. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I joined in 2008 because of all the information and stories from the different states. Good folks too!!

13. B-rad

B-rad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I joined last fall. I'm a bow hunter and enjoy everything that has any thing to do with bowhunting. This site is filled with great people and some really good hunting info. In enjoy reading hunting stories from all over the place it makes me very jealous. Roll tide!

14. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I joined this forum cause after lurking around for a long while. I got tired of the other forum I was on. I'm a member of about 6 bow forums and I use this one the most. People are more friendly, were pretty much all like minded. Love to hunt and share knowledge with each other. I've been bowhunting since the mid 90's and still learn something everyday. You can't learn enough in my eyes.

15. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got tired of the my bow is better then your bow mentality on another forum. Surfed for a day and found this one. I'm on it and like to contribute as much as I can and learn as much as I can.
    In one way to put it good people great place.

Hutch

16. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I joined because everyone just up and disappeared on the old site without telling me :( Matt (Rick James) then told me about the new site being formed, and so I joined and everything else is history. There were a core group of guys that made the switch that I learned a lot from back in the early days of HNI, and so it only seemed fitting to follow that here. Since then, I've come to meet more and more people on here, and I have to say it's a great group overall.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

17. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I joined this fourm not to long ago also after being a member of 4 other fourms. I like this one the best since ive joined i havent been on another fourm yet everyone here is down to earth and tries to help to the best of there knowledge theres to much crap talking , bashing and other stuff going on in the other fourms. Ive talked to some cool people here and love reading there stories and sharing mine . I havent met anyone or hunted with anyone yet well at least that i know of from here but i prob will one day. bowhunting in my eyes is suppose to be fun a thrill and a enjoyable moment that i can share with others like me and you. hunting to me is like a brotherhood or a family of its own we should stick together share our stories and try to respect each other the best we can without crap talking or bashing and sharing knowledge weather it be good or bad we are here to enjoy and encourage any and all bowhunting or archery and to me thats what this fourm is and thats why i visit it and i will for years to come.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  18. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I stick around just to argue in the water cooler section and follow Dave's Montana thread haha.

19. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is weird to think back to how long I've been posting on the old site and now here...

20. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Me too. I had move here to Ely and needed to find out how to take care of my bow myself. It was just too hard to wade through all the BS of other forums.