QAD HDX Timing. Which of these 2 Schools of thought

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bearbuck, Apr 10, 2014.

1. bearbuck

bearbuck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Mission Blaze (comparable to ChillR) and have put on a QAD HDX rest. Im timing it and wanting it right and have encountered 2 schools of thought. 1. On The Video it states to attach the cable clamp around bottom of grip. Pull the cord until the rest is in its fully up position and tighten the clamp just enough so it don't slip from full up position. Then draw the bow back and let it down and the clamp and cord will slide up the cable to where its suppose to be "setting itself." according the instruction on the video. I have done this and the clamp position ends up about center of the grip or slightly higher. The second way I have read from others is to attach it at bottom of the grip and draw the bow until to full draw until the rest comes fully up no sooner than last inch of draw. To get this right lengthen or shorten the cord until the lines line up at full draw with no more than last inch of draw.
    I need to know which is proper way? Many say the clamp needs to be at bottom of grip but QAD saids the first way and the clamp will set itself where it ends up and that in much higher than the bottom of the grip. Which is Best Way to Set it? Thank you

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used a video on YouTube by Drave's archery and have not had to mess with my HDX once since setting it up.

It doesn't really matter where the line ties to the cable within reason ( I did not use the clamp) as long as the rest comes fully up only in the last inch.

3. bplayer405

bplayer405 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of people will advise you to ditch the clamp and serve the cord to the down cable. Mine is served even with the bottom of my grip (upper serving only). I leave the cord loose and draw the bow to see where I'm at with cord length. I adjust the length of the cord till the launcher lines match around 1/2" to 3/4" just before full draw. Then i take a felt tip marker and mark the cord on the access side of cord right against the cable. Pull the cord through the cable about 1/2" and cut access cord off 1/4" past your mark then burn a ball down to your mark. Pull cord back through and your set. Any adjustments can then be made by moving the serving up or down the cable. Puts the cord where you want it in the cable.

4. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would ditch the clamp and put the cord between the string under the serving or serve it to the cable itself. I have my hdx through the string then i lossend the cable by the thumb switch and drew the bow to time it thats how i was taught were i work. The clamps always seem to move and never stay in place. Sorry for the turned pics dont know what happend but it doesnt matter really where it is as long as you have enough slack in the string to bring it to full draw and back down. Just make sure the lines are even on the rest when at full draw and you should be fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  5. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had problems with my clamp so i just tied her down. None since! :bow:

6. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Use a half hitch on your down cable, the clamp slips and putting it between the strands of cable will wear out your cable faster and if your cable ever twists it will throw off your rest timing.

Done this with every HDX ive owned and they have functioned perfectly

7. bearbuck

bearbuck Newb

Dislikes Received:
    On my Mission Blaze Is there any advantage or disadvagntage to the timing set to where the lines come together and meet up right at full draw instead of up to an inch before? Right now the the timing lines are meeting up right at the back wall or very slightly before it hits back wall. Thanks.

8. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Solocam-- really like the barbwire. Where did you get it

9. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where it is in relation to the grip isn't that important. It is important that it comes fully up no sooner than the last 1" of draw.

I would also reccomend serving the chord in and getting rid of the clamp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

10. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I get the barbs at outdoorprostaff.com there 15 bucks for 6 nine inch strands that you can connect together they come in blue , green , red , black , silver , gold , brown , pink , and orange they work very well and look really cool. Im actually talking to the owner nick right now about becoming a prostaff shooter for his company. But check out the website hes got some cool stuff for deer and turkey hunting.

11. almightynut

almightynut Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks bro