What the heck is HECS?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Siman/OH, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Watching TV this afternoon, and there is some infomercial type show on featuring the "HECS" suit.

They describe it as "blocking" electrical energy from your body which turns you into an inanimate object. They show a bunch of videos of guys 5 yards away from turkey's drawing their bows, crawling around, ect.

WHO SPENDS MONEY ON THIS STUFF!?!?!

With my HECS suit, my mirror blind and my turkey fan taped to the top of my head, I might as well start hunting with a knife!

Smh. End of rant.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But don't you want to be one of the cool kids? Or judging by that infomercial... old fat dudes??

3. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Lol. You and i both know i dont.

The problem is, as hunters, we're supposed to all be in this together. But now, there are so many gimmick products floating around due to the shear number of hunters looking for that "advantage" that it's turned into a marketing war/competition for the next "latest and greatest".

I wish you all the luck if your trying to feed your family, but damn, this can't honestly be a legit product?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    there is so much crap out there I agree... I know I've bought my share of gimmicks. I'm on thin ice lately since the unicorn thread so I'm not gonna admit to anything!! lol

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    First, I'm in no way affiliated with or have done business with HECS. However I have looked into their technology and it does seem legit to an extent.

Something to consider - ever have a deer or another animal close to you that is completely upwind, not looking at you (you're not moving anyways) and for some reason they go on alert? Or how about when you're sleeping or someone sneaks up behind you with no noise but you can "feel" a presence and you either wake up or turn around. Everyone's always chalked it up to a "6th sense" but nobody really ever put a name to it. Many people believe it's the electromagnetic field that we give off as living organisms and our ability to detect it. Perhaps a prey animal's ability to detect such things is much greater than our own. From what I understand HECS blocks that electromagnetic field that we give off thus eliminating the "6th sense" from picking us up.

Now that's the theory behind all of this. Whether it really works or not I honestly have no idea, but I wouldn't say it's entirely impossible. After all they have proven that sharks can sense this electromagnetic field and that's part of the way they detect and hunt their prey. I believe they are now using this technology is wetsuits and other applications to keep divers, surfers, swimmers, etc safe from sharks. If it works on them is it at all possible it works on deer, turkeys, and other animals? You decide.

Like many things in the hunting world you don't NEED it to be successful and it's up to you whether or not you're going to spend your hard earned money on these items. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Seems simple to me.

6. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if I could do the same by attaching a ground wire to my body while in the stand? Joking of course. :)

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen the same infomercial for the past few years. Not sure if I'd spend that kinda money. Killed too many deer without it.

8. kywhitetails

kywhitetails Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's crazy the amount new calls and decoys that are released each and every year. I'm still old school I have a Lohmann box call I've have for 7+ seasons and even older striker call that has been calling Turkey's in the same year after year. They only thing I get new every year is diaphragm calls,

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

9. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    $180 i believe for the whole suit...which is just a base layer.

10. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Ill admit to buying those deer droppings a few years back that you were supposed to put in a scrape, also the rub line slime. Didn't spook the deer any, didn't really attract them much either.

11. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    In THEORY, yes, i can see there is something that we admit (like a 6th sense), but, how do i know these arnt jut cotton clothes jacked up 300%?

12. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They could be and you would never know. It's a mental aspect of it, you might think it's working even though in reality it's just cotton like you said.

Sent from my iPhone

13. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Didnt i post that awhile back? ;)

14. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You might have, I didn't read everything though. My apologies if I repeated you.

Sent from my iPhone

15. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    No it as months ago when i said that, and somebody else said it to me before that..

16. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lol!! I'll admit I have the acorn cruncher.... And still No booner like I thought I would attract!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    We had Rockie Jacobeson on an antelope hunt this fall with a couple of other guys from their show. I'm not going to state exactly what I witnessed or the footage that I saw from some of their other stuff, to save what street cred I have, but it made me scratch my head for several weeks. Antelope have the best vision of any mammal in the country and what I witnessed through a spotting scope was pretty crazy indeed.

Let's just say I may be one of the whack jobs buying this stuff and I'm a skeptic through and through. Had I not had these guys in camp last year, I probably would have laughed at the idea too.

Oh and they aren't cotton clothing. They are almost like a very soft welded nylon, similar in appearance to a rip stop material that has the little squares in it. They are very light weight and breathable because they aren't designed to insulate, control scent, etc. Pretty interesting stuff actually.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  18. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh c'mon... spill it

19. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It is ridiculous. I want the deer I hunt to have a "6th sense" and to battle with it. That being said, give me a break....the suit reduces electrical blah blah blah??? My goodness man.

20. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the laugh. :lol: