New Sight recommendations

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Dunn County, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot both fixed pin and dial. For the last 3 years I used a HHA ultra lite 1 pin. It was an awesome sight. The only thing I can say bad about it was that I didn't like how it fit my bow with the quiver on and that it was bulky.

So……I'm looking for ideas on what my new sight should be. What are my best options? Was hha my best option?

I want to be able to shoot .10, but am open to fixed or dial. I want quality construction to last a few years. Price is not an option. This will be going on a creed.

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go with a spot Hogg tommy hogg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Theres alot of great sights out there. i personally like dove tail fixed pin sights that have micro adjust. Check out the sight in my sig its a awesome sight by extreme archery the raptor 911 with 6 inch dovetail and micro adjust and light its so durable and has this great coating over the aluminum its on sale on ebay right now. Also spot hogg and sureloc are great i shot the lethal weapon with dovetail last season on my creed it was a great sight. But if your looking for a single pin then id say hha is the best.

4. The Sentinel

The Sentinel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    MBG ascent

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes! I have it in a 3 pin with a 4" dovetail. This sight is tough as nails, bright as heck, and awesomely accurate :tu:

You can custom order the number size and color of pins you want too.

6. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I forgot about MBG there good very rugged sights. I like this extreme archery sight it's so rugged and has a protective non scratch coating. It's so bright without the light the lights not needed. Also I like it has a smaller sight ring and it also has a visor in the front top of the ring so no sun glare or shine what so ever in the ring or around it. And it has the micro adjust with dovetail and windage and elevation marks. It's a awesome sight and I forgot the sight ring cut outs match the gridlock riser also.

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am pretty much looking for the same thing right now. The two sights I have on my radar now is the MBG Ascent and the Apex Gear Covert. The Covert is new for 2014 and has a lot of great features. They advertise the ability to change out the pin size in color in a matter of seconds. Includes both a .010 and .019 pin. It's a ambidextrous sight which is appealing to me being I am left handed. (Makes it a little easier to sale.)

[​IMG]

Product Link

8. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heckler, please buy the Covert! That way I know if I should get one or not ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

9. Saluki2003

Saluki2003 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    After I did a bunch of searching I came down to deciding between the Black Gold Vengeance and the Spot Hogg Hunter. From what I was told you cant really go wrong with either. Both are very durable and made in America. The BlackGold has brighter pins and the colometric box. What really made my decision though was that to me the BlackGold seemed easier to adjust and the price and warranty were better.

10. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is the easy way and there is the Spot Hogg way. lol

All good!

11. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    MBG Ascent and the Apex Gear are two I've been looking at. The Apex is intriguing to me having came from a 1 pin dial. Wish someone else had it and could give an honest review. Any other sights to consider?