Muddy Vantage

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by atlasman, Mar 19, 2014.

1. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    UPS pulled up today and dropped off a couple boxes.........gotta love 2 day free shipping on Prime :)

Got the Muddy Vantage and 6 extra brackets along with an extra mounting post/ratchet to retrofit my old Muddy hang on. This thing is PERFECT for what we need. It's like getting 8 stands for the price of 2 and some change.

I have tried.......I simply suck at running and gunning with a lock on. I never get high enough, it takes me forever to get set up and even longer to get out, a lock on plus sticks is too heavy. It's just not for me, I've tried.

Now we can go in this spring and summer and set up 8 brackets wherever we want and we are ready to roll. Strap on the Muddy and climb up, drop it in the bracket and cinch up one strap and you're hunting. Adjustable platforms, adjustable seats which are SUPER comfy.............it's perfect.

We also have 4 Formex Snap Lock blinds on order to get dad a little more access to the woods this year as well (plus we will use them too). That makes 12 new stand sites we have to scout out and decide on (probably have 6-8 solid choices in mind right now).

With spring seeding coming up and cams to put out plus all these new stands/blinds to get out we are going to be busy boys!!!

Check out the Muddy if you are looking for a great comfortable lock on that you can easily setup in as many spots as you want without the hassle of setting up on the go when you'd rather be hunting than sweating.

For those of you that can motor up any tree you see in 5 minutes with sticks and a lock on safely and quietly.....god bless you!!

2. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love my Muddy Vantage! Really comfy and easy to attach to tree. Love how adjustable it is as well. Enjoy it!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've really been looking at these stands actually. I've got about 4 more places I'd like to have a stand but thought this was a good option to save a little. Think it'd work out pretty slick to just have the brackets already set like your talking and not haveta set up everything at once. I'd probably eventually buy enough climbing sticks to leave out but I don't need them to be real fancy so wouldn't be spending much.

4. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This sounds a lot like the Millennium stands to me...is it the same concept? And why do you guys prefer hunting this way instead of a climber? Just curious...that's what I do all of my hunting out of

5. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    Also, why are you guys choosing to go with Muddy instead of Millennium? It's basically the same concept but Millennium's stands and receivers are much cheaper. Not trying to argue, just wondering if I missed something.

6. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know someone that works for muddy amd got a nice discount on mine. I like this style better than a climber because I can hang the stand I'm whatever tree I want to hang it and not have to hunt down the perfect limbless tree.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

7. jd4055

jd4055 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Can't go wrong with muddy! Wish I wasn't a broke college student otherwise I'd have a few!

8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bunch of em....really good stands for the money.

The bloodsport is the run and gun stand on the market. With no ratchet straps it's dead quite and a breeze to hang silently.

9. BigPhil_H

Dislikes Received:
    I just looked them up, they look awesome although I wish the platform was a little bigger. Maybe I'll be able to afford one this summer

10. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I did climbers for a few years and it was ok. I used both the sit and climb and the hand climber by lone wolf and was pleased with them. Last year I started using the Vantage and the Bloodsport that I equipped with the super mount bracket. I liked this option so much better. I have brackets I can take with me for new sets as well as a few I keep up at all times. We also use this as a great way to hang a 2nd set on other hang on stands we have up for the camera man. You can hunt some gnarly trees and get into some tough awkward places that you could never hunt with a climber. My need for saws when running and gunning has reduced as well as my set-up time. Silence is amazing, great seats, solid stand, and packs well.

There is one flaw I see with it. When using the super mount the seat/stand sits out a ways away from the tree. To me this makes for an awkward sit. Wish I could figure out a way to fix this.

11. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I used the Muddy Vantage last year and setup multiple sets with the brackets and had 1 stand. It worked great and it keeps people from hunting or messing with your set when your not around.

12. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    I won't say I "prefer" it because put me in my Summit before anything else but my summit can't go up pine trees or other crazy branched out messes.

I like the freedom to get in ANY tree if I should choose.

13. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

I got two 3 packs of brackets for the Muddy for $65 each delivered to my door in 2 days from Amazon. I haven't seen Millenium brackets cheaper than $22 and their stand is $260.

Plus I like the Muddy stand and system better.

14. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would say my biggest reason for trying these out would be because I've never used a climber. After seeing the qurstion about millineum I looked them up and I like that the platform is bigger but it also weighs a little more than the muddy. The one I found was a little cheaper but I'd trade the weight for the money.

15. Jimolsson7

Jimolsson7 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up 2 Muddy vantage stands and 6 extra super mounts. That gives me 4 stand set ups for my hunting partner and I for way less money than buying 8 cheap stands. I can say they are super easy to assemble and with the super mount hanging them was a breeze. Definitely no complaints here!

16. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't have a Vantage but do have 3 Muddy Outfitters. Think my next buy will be the Vantage!! Thanks for the info.