archery shop problems

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ShaneB22, Mar 16, 2014.

1. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just ordered new arrows and it's been over 4 weeks and still haven't got them so Jon the the shop owner told me to call every afternoon to see if they've arrived. That's not the problem though the problem is... I hate to sound mean but the problem is his daughter. She knows I'm supposed to call but apparently isn't to friendly and she hates to be told that she's wrong. For example I wanted to order brass inserts for a H diameter arrow but she thinks H diameter is the same as a HIT insert and the only brass inserts they have are HIT and standard. Anyone know how I can explain to her that they won't fit without getting my head bit off or should I wait and let her see for herself then possibly wait another about another month? I add this last part just so people might not get the complete wrong idea and assume it's a bad place to go but believe it or not this is the only bad experience I have had in the last 4 or 5 years I have gone to this shop and it just started recently when new people have started to help around the shop.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I would just go to another shop and order your arrows. You will probably have them in a few says.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

3. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I would go to another shop but the next closest is an hour away

4. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get in the Truck!

5. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    there are online shops also...not ideal for me since i'm a face to face kind of person, but better than being berated

6. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I can't afford to go to a archery shop an hour away as much as I go to the one a half hour away and the closest one to me lets you use the range for free and has the best prices on everything they sell and the other doesn't so that also saves some money.

7. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I would use online shops but I can't stand them

8. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like you are just going to have to deal with the girl and wait for the arrows.

9. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Who doesn't hate to be told they're wrong? I know I hate to be told I'm wrong. Never get into a pissing match between a father and his daughter, you will most definitely lose.

First, why do you have to call everyday? Doesn't make any sense. Just tell them to call you when they arrive. I'm a business owner too, if you called me everyday looking for your shipment, at some point I'd probably be a little "short" with you too. I know the owner told you to do it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should. He can't get them to you any faster. If he really wanted to do it, he could check the tracking number and he'd know exactly when they'd be there, if he hasn't done that, it means that he's not going to, don't push the issue. In reality, he didn't order them when you thought he did. He more than likely waited to add them to a bigger order which is very common. Think about it like this, If he orders a dozen arrows for you, by the time he pays the shipping on those arrows, he isn't making enough money to make the order worthwhile, but if he adds your order to the other 10 dozen he orders, now it makes business sense.

A watched pot doesn't boil any faster.

As far as the inserts, just order the ones you want and put them in yourself if she won't listen, or you could just ask to speak to someone else.

Lastly, if this is gonna be "your" shop, at some point you've gotta turn them into your friends. Next time you go in, take a dozen donuts or bagels.

You can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

I'm fresh out of cliche's now. Good luck..

Wait, I've got one more.

Patience is a virtue.

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is retarded. Why the hell do you have to wait 4 weeks for a dozen arrows.

You won't go to another shop, and you won't buy em on line. But some how your willing to take 4 weeks of call daily to receive an attitude ... And your going to pay for it to boot.

In the time it took to make this post you could have called one of at least 6 good online retailers, they would be more then happy to fill your order, probably cheaper and faster to....and hey more then likely your wont get an attitude on top of it...

11. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok i work at a shop and it shouldnt ever take that long to get arrows we order custom bows and have them in 3 to 5 days at max you should have them within a week unless the shop hasnt placed the order or the shops funds are not in order if a shop has low funds or owes a retailer theyll stop all shipments i would get my money back and go to another shop or order online youll save money and gas and youll prob have them in 5 days or less thats so stupid that a shop cant get arrows they must owe money the shop i work at we carry all carbon express , eastons , goldtips and many others where are you located ?

12. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    First - Just tell the shop it is taking to long and you will get them someplace else. You gave them MORE than a fair shot at your business.

Second - Contact Jerry at southshorearcherysupply.com. It will be the best arrow purchase experience you ever had. You will have great arrows at a fair price and you wont wait long.

13. JimPic

JimPic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    An hour away or wait 4 weeks....sounds like a no-brainer to me

14. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have been thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

15. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    I need arrows... I get arrows!

16. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just order mine online and have them in 3-4 days max...beats 4 weeks. I would tell them to forget about it...I'd go elsewhere.

17. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I never really thought of it that way but he did order them awhile ago and I usually just do what Jon tells me to but his daughter isn't really customer friendly to anyone in the first place so it wasn't the phone calls I know that for sure

18. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot to mention I quit calling about a week ago and if they don't show up soon I will go to the other shop but I would hate to blow off Jon if the arrows do show up just because he's nice and would do anything to help that's the only reason I have been waiting but I would still go to shoot just because it's free and closer and I would still buy the things off the shelf because they have the best prices that I can find around.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  19. SPOTnSTALK

Dislikes Received:
    If she is your age just pull her across the counter kiss her face and tell her to get them arrows!