Draw cycle on Elite Energy bows.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mab, Feb 27, 2014.

1. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have only shot PSE and Bear bows. My current bow is a Bear Strike. I struggle with being able to shoot more than 30 arrows at a time. The draw cycle on the Strike is very long before you get to the let-off. The let-off is at the very end of the draw cycle. I am pulling 55 lbs. 95% of the draw cycle.
    I think I read somewhere that the Elite Energy has a 'gradual' decrease in dw the further you get in the draw cycle. If this is true, wouldn't you be able to shoot all day long without getting tired or worn out? If I read it right, and if I could shoot without getting worn out, that would be frickin' awesome. Lol.
    Thanks for any help on this question. Very seriously looking into going to a local dealer that carries this bow and shooting one. Will let you know.

2. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    when i shot it, the draw started off stiff for the first inch or so and then eased off. it's a really nice draw for pretty nice speed.

3. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot the bow and you will have ask yourself us there a reason for me not get this bow. By far the smoothest drawing bow I gave shot. 60lbs drew back and felt like 50lbs.

4. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most people will get tired after shooting 30 arrows no matter what bow they are shooting. It's just like anything else, gotta keep doing it and build up the strength and stamina. Like right now in the off season I shoot about 50 or so arrows when I go shoot league, and my arms feel like jello after, but during the summer when I shoot a lot more since the weather is nice, it doesn't bother me to shoot 50+ arrows at a time.

5. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Along with the others, if you haven't shot in a while or don't shoot too often then 30 arrows can seem like a lot from any bow. From the description of the bow you are using now you could benefit going and trying many different brands now that will give you a quicker drop down on poundage through that draw cycle. I shot a few Elite bows last year but not the newer one's you mention and I'm often sorry I didn't go with one. By far the best back wall on any bow I've shot and I imagine they haven't changed that from the sounds of it.