Elite Energy bows! All I can say is WOW!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter_IL_BT, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot them for the first time at the IL Deer Classic this weekend and I am amazed how well they shoot. There is no hand shock whatsoever. The draw cycle is amazing with 60lbs feeling like 50lbs. The backwall is unreal you almost have to literally push the bow forward to get it to creep at all. The cams are smoothest drawing I have ever seen. I shot both the E32 and E35. They are basically the same to me but the 32 felt better for me. I am considering making a move from my Bowtech. Wanted to hear everyones thoughts if anyone else has one or has done or thinking about a switch?

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I recently shot the Energy 32. Its now in my bow case. :lol:

3. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There nice bows. I really like the E32. However there's lots of nice bows out there. I think the chillr and the 32 are two of the best I've shot.

4. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive shot them and thought they were as nice as you described but nothing will get me to switch from Mathews.

5. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I want to try an Elite Energy, hopefully the listed dealer in my area has some in stock. I'll call tomorrow. Curious as to what they sell for?

6. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:

TO me its the opposite IMO I think Elite is taking giant leaps forward while Mathews is taken a few steps back. I don't see a lot of new innovation. These new Elites backwalls are insane and binary cams are just simply easier to tune than their solo counterparts. Can't beat the transferrable warranty either.

7. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot an Elite Pure, which I thought was the perfect combination of draw cycle, backwall, speed (not a ton), forgiveness and the like. That is, until I shot the Energy. Wow is correct. I don't think there is a bow within a country mile of the Energy

8. Jacob1

Dislikes Received:
    Elite isn't doing anything new. The back wall comes from draw stops that several company's have been using for a long time. Bowtech uses basically the same system along with obession and several other company's. like I said there very nice bows but they are not doing anything new.

9. Jacob1

Dislikes Received:
    The one I shot was 839. I think.

10. Bow String Depot

Bow String Depot Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Elite puts out a nice bow. Put new threads on a lot of them.

Hutch

11. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot Bowtech for years, and none of them had the backwall that Elite has now. I realize it is a fairly simple concept, but combined with the super smooth draw, it really stands out

12. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    If Elite is not doing anything new then why are they making the most shootable bow while changing the geometry of the riser to account for the extra speed? While Mathews continues to have the same solo cam system same old grip on their bows with many of their bows not hitting their so called IBO speeds. Bowtech does use a similar system but their cams are designed more for speed vs Elites. The draw force curve on the Elites are by far hold better on the target than the Bowtechs. Esp my Invasion it defintetly is a rougher draw even at 60lbs. In addition, the Invasion wants to jump out away from you so very little creep. The Experience holds well but the nothing compared to the Energy's backwall. I have yet to draw the RPM 360 so can't account for it. Heard it draws pretty good, but more than likely any bow built for speed is not going to be drawing like butter no matter how much they advertise. Pick your poison more speed vs shootability. With the new Energys I think they hit a homerun with being able to account for that little extra speed and still having that awesome backwall. Now the Elites have been in question about cam lean issues but this has already been accounted for on numerous reviews and its not an issue whatsoever.

Most shops got them listed for about $899

13. Jacob1

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not trying to talk you out of it. My new bow will either be the E32 or the chillr. I really like the Energy bows alot.. But a binary system with draw stops are far from being something new. Yes they redesigned there riser and it doesn't have the aggressive type speed bow draw but the overall system is still the same. That's not a bad thing because most of the binary bows are super easy to tune. I will never understand why MOST elite guys feel the need to bash mathews? A company that has arguably helped grow bowhunting and archery in general more than any other company out there. But to each there own.

14. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:

To me its a no brainer between the two. If Im going to spend that kind of money id rather have the most forgiving bow and have the easiest to tune bow as well. In my honest opinion I just think Mathews are overhyped and over advertised. I honestly think the solocam invention is the silliest invention in the archery world. Of course solocams will draw a pretty smooth but 90% of the time they will have more tuning issues and slower speeds compared to other cam designs. Many of them well under Ibo advertised speed. Most people don't do their homework and just buy a bow a friend has or the one that Lee and Tiffany simply shoot on TV, lol. Of course to each there own,

15. Jacob1

Dislikes Received:
    Lee and Tiffany huh... Same could be said about Levi Morgan. Oh, and the chillr is not a solo cam.good luck with your purchase.

16. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are doing a lot more than Mathews. All Mathews are doing is changing ATA lengths.

The riser is much different with the new riser cage to add strength. Then of course there is the draw ultra smooth cycles WITH good speeds. Oh and they actually hit their IBO speeds. Add to that a bare bow that has zero hand shock or vibration. That's new to aluminum riser bows. Well, Prime did do it last year with the Impact but, not many out their that do, especially Mathews. The cam systems are extremely tunable. The new target finished are like no other on the market.

Hhhhm, your right nothing new here. Nothing innovative what so ever.

I have to agree. I mean I watched a pro shooters interview on why he switched from Mathews back to Hoyt after 15+ years shooting for Mathews. His reason? He realized Mathews is a marketing company. Not an innovative bow manufacturer. He could have stayed at Mathews and made more money but, it was about being able to be confident and know that his bow was the best he can shoot. He didn't feel that when he stepped up to the line with a Mathews anymore.

17. Jacob1

Dislikes Received:
    Again.. Why do you guys feel the need to bash mathews? I don't own a mathews but jeez. If you guys can't see that they make a quality bow then something is wrong, mathews, Hoyt,elite,lots of great bows out there. I didn't say one bad thing about Elite yet you guys have to come in a bash mathews???? What am I missing here?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  18. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    Nice post Sticklandbowstrings right on the money!!! Funny how there is no new innovation for Mathews but its not ok to mention it esp here of course.

Something tells me Levi Morgan has more credibility in the Archery Industry than Lee and Tiffany. I knew the Chill R was a dual cam just referring to the rest of the lineup. What's next from this company the Mr.Freeze or my favorite is the Helim Extreme, LOL

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  19. Jacob1

Dislikes Received:
    Wow... Fanboys.. Carry on and don't choke on the koolaid. I'm done.

20. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    koolaid lol !!!! No ill just drink a beer instead!