Wisconsin bans baiting/mineral in top 3 harvest counties!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PSEREVENGEMAN, Feb 6, 2014.

1. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A high fence in Marathon county tested positive for CWD which has now closed Marathon, Shawano and Waupaca county down for mineral/baiting for good. Fantastic.

http://dnr.wi.gov/files/PDF/pubs/wm/WM0456.pdf

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  2. camocat

camocat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Live and hunt in Waupaca county this isn't going stop anybody from doing it we all know that.

3. PSEREVENGEMAN

Dislikes Received:
    Those that choose to poach, bait illegal, tag multiple bow bucks will continue. The majority of law abiding hunters will stop baiting and running illegal mineral sites. I know of 476 reason$$ why most will stop. The new Clintonville warden will be busy. I have and will continue to pinch my Waupaca neighbors. We have never baited so this means nothing to us.The public land guy will see a huge change. Cellphones and the hotline is a game changer. Try explaining those kernels in your rig or daypack to the warden.

4. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The baiting is what sucks... It's the whole minerals part. I love putting out minerals in the summer to help the deer be as big and healthy as possible.

5. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can still put minerals out you just can't hunt over them

6. PSEREVENGEMAN

Dislikes Received:
    Completely false statement. Please take 4 minutes and read the link I posted. That's the law and ignorance of it is not a defense in court. 35/72 Wisconsin counties now ban mineral all year. The remaining counties allow mineral during hunting season only@2lbs/40 acres. Walk a warden out to your mineral site anywhere in the state today and oh yea, bring your check book.

7. jjdohm

jjdohm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just because the DNR passes another law, doesn't mean it's right! The Wisconsin DNR is a JOKE! Do what you think is right for your deer heard (mineral), obey the common sense laws and move on. Don't ever fear this common senseless DNR, We've taken to some of our own practices to help our heard in northern Wisconsin, Mainly predator control (bears, wolves, coyotes).

8. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    One of the most ignorant posts I've read on this forum.

9. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So you just shoot bears, wolves, and coyotes out of season and without permits or licenses? That's just great...

10. PSEREVENGEMAN

Dislikes Received:
    My guess is this is alot of bar stool/basement blogging fantasy BS.

11. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow..

12. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great idea, you should invite the DNR up to observe these practiced a and their effectiveness. :bash:

13. camocat

camocat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the link revengeman.In a way the new law stinks just because I like to use corn for buck inventory but this is the law we will have to adjust.Got a ton of pics on a water hole last summer.

14. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the fun that us southern WI counties have been dealing with for the past 10+ years. I never hunted over bait, but it was always nice to use mineral/corn to keep deer around and keep them healthy in the winter.. sucks

15. wi p&y

wi p&y Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yeah been like that for a long time down here in southern wisconsin. and guess what almost every property you walk on in late summer has mineral spots. the baiting is down but everyone still uses minerals. just the wi dnr trying to play god as usuall.

16. jjdohm

jjdohm Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Try reading some of your own mindless drivle, Drone!

17. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I read some of the posts on here, I see guys have baited during the summer and winter too... that has always been illegal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

18. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    what is fantastic about the government taking more of our rights away? or is the fact that our herd may have been contaminated by that deer farm that is fantastic? i only baited during the late season, if at all. so i could give 2 craps less, but what was the big damn deal with guys who put out 2 gallons every couple of days? the only guys i ever talked to personally who were againest baiting were either antis or guys who were loaded and had the cash to put in all these food plots and didnt want their neighbors who didnt have the means to put food plots in attracting "their" deer. i dont think the wardens should be wasting their time on small bait violations when every year the dnr land next to my lease has guys drinking while hunting, trespassing or at night shining my fields and poaching and when i talk to them about it they say they dont have the time. this anti baiting sentiment boils down to one simple idea, that i dont want "my" deer going on someone elses land.

19. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone has a right to their opinions right? Some are out there but either way we should not be fighting among ourselves over stupid laws. I think most would agree that minerals are essential to healthy populations of just about any animal. While I don't understand allowing it only during hunting season instead of the spring but I am not a biologist. Would we not all be better off policing our own, kindly correcting those who are unaware of the laws and providing them the opportunity to do the right thing.

Most come here for help and thats what we should do; help each other right? ok enough of my opinion.

20. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    PSE, Marathon county has been banned from baiting for several years already. This is nothing new to that county.