VIDEO: Fall Season Highlights

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TheFieldArcher, Nov 24, 2013.

1. TheFieldArcher

TheFieldArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My sons first season hunting!!! I always take my hunts so serious but my son is a jokester and thinks everything is funny, it was an awesome change for me, he had me laughing so much, especially when we were just hunting bucks and doe came in and started head bobbing, he would start to laugh and I would try to act all serious and mad that he was going to blow the hunt and not see any bucks... but then I would look at him and laugh myself... it was the best hunts of my life!!! And I couldn't be prouder of his shot placement, he finds the right times to joke around and he knows when to concentrate and focus on a great shot... the thing that I love is that the last thing he wants to do is wound a deer and knows when to get serious...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Kansasbuck

Kansasbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good to hear you are laughing more. I bet you will get more enjoyment out of deer hunting in the future. There is a very serious side to bowhunting, but you have to have fun and enjoy too. Looks like you brought up a fine young man there, hope you can learn something from him, as he has obviously learned a few things from you.

3. TheFieldArcher

TheFieldArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You are spot on... with the self video I keep trying to raise the bar... I get 4 cameras going now, 3 in my stand and a GoPro for exit/close up shots... getting the 3 cameras going, then hitting the remote waiting for a connection and then going back to getting everything focused and in frame undetected... then bowhunting!!! It's insane but I love the challenge and being able to watch it years later with family and friends makes it all worth it! And now getting my sons hunts on video, kinda nice not to worry about drawing/shooting and just working the camera... hey, maybe he will work the camera soon... lol

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Neat video, enjoyed watching it!

5. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Thanks.