Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    FullTimeKiller's Avatar
    FullTimeKiller is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    495
    Post Thanks / Like

    2014 Bowtech Carbon Knight

    Has anyone shot this bow?? i just found out today about the carbon knight and was surprised that there wasnt a thread on this bow here (i might have just missed it) i just watched a video review on this bow for the first time. Only weighs 3.2 lbs, bh of 7" and 330 fps. Pretty solid specs. Also seemed odd to me that bowtech would release this bow now, since they already came out with the experience for this year. What do you guys think about bowtech's new rig? Imo looks pretty sharp, and id like to get my hands on one to try out. Opinions?
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Element RKT
    Spot Hogg Hogg Father Single Pin
    Ripcord Code Red Rest
    Tight Spot Quiver
    Fuse Carbon Blade Hunter 10"
    Easton Full Metal Jackets
    Slick Trick Magnums

  2. #2
    grnhd's Avatar
    grnhd is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    West,Ky
    Posts
    1,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had my hands on one yesterday. Its the lightest bow I've had in my hands. I didn't shoot it but it pulled smooth, had good let off,nice wall and had a nice grip. But notice I didn't say anything was great. The guy at the shop said he shot it yesterday before I got there and said that it was noisier than he thought it would be. For what its worth.

  3. #3
    Yes
    Yes is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    I shot it a bunch the other day and it's a great bow for what it is. Very smooth draw, solid backwall, pretty quiet for being a light weight bare bow, and no hand shock. But the bow has a 'kick'. Note, it's not hand shock, but a 'kick'. With it being a bare bow, there's no real weight to deaden the energy traveling through the bow upon the shot. Most bows fall forward after the shot, but this one kind of kicks up into your hand at the shot because of the energy traveling through the string shot. It wasn't necessarily bad, but noticeable. With a stabilizer, sight, etc. on the bow, the 'kick' will definitely disappear.

  4. #4
    Slugger's Avatar
    Slugger is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Havent heard much on it yet. Or seen a thread on one
    SGT- United States Marine Corps 07-present

  5. #5
    Coop's Avatar
    Coop is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Acme, Pa
    Posts
    1,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they released it now because they probably have a carbon "flagship" to release at the 2014 ATA. That is just speculation on my part of course. The released the Destroyer LE late last year, seems they like to do two releases a year lol.

    Mike - 2014 Bowtech RPM 360 58#@28.5"


  6. #6
    CoveyMaster's Avatar
    CoveyMaster is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MO/KS state line
    Posts
    3,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've not shot the carbon knight though I did look at them online before buying my H C Element. They are a nice looking bow and weight a tad less than the Elements (.4#'s) but it's also IBO rated 2fps slower. I don't see anything the knight does that the element doesn't do with more class (except the price).

    I shot a Destroyer Sunday set at 70# and it drew just as hard as my element set at 77#, it was noisier and the draw cycle had a lot of problems. It was still a fine shooting bow but shooting the two side by side was like comparing a Corvette to a Lamborghini.

    I think Bowtech still has a long way to go to compete, quality wise, with Hoyt and Mathews. I also suspect their IBO speeds.
    2013 Hoyt Carbon Element 75#, 28"
    Trophy Ridge React-One sight
    Beman BC
    NAP Hellrazor
    Carter RX2 release

  7. #7
    Slugger's Avatar
    Slugger is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone else shoot this bow. Interested in those who can compare it to the experience?
    SGT- United States Marine Corps 07-present

  8. #8
    maxpetros's Avatar
    maxpetros is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,589
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Anyone else shoot this bow. Interested in those who can compare it to the experience?
    I know justpassinthru shot both the carbon knight and the experience


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2014 DEER CONTEST TEAM 26
    2014 ELITE ENERGY 32
    72/27.5
    CBE TEK HYBRID
    TROPHY TAKER SMACKDOWN PRO
    EASTON FMJ 421 GRAINS FINISHED WEIGHT
    TROPHY TAKER ULMER EDGE
    TRU BALL SHORT N SWEET RELEASE
    BSTINGER STABILIZER

  9. #9
    Yes
    Yes is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoveyMaster View Post
    I've not shot the carbon knight though I did look at them online before buying my H C Element. They are a nice looking bow and weight a tad less than the Elements (.4#'s) but it's also IBO rated 2fps slower. I don't see anything the knight does that the element doesn't do with more class (except the price).

    I shot a Destroyer Sunday set at 70# and it drew just as hard as my element set at 77#, it was noisier and the draw cycle had a lot of problems. It was still a fine shooting bow but shooting the two side by side was like comparing a Corvette to a Lamborghini.
    So you haven't shot the bow this thread is about, so you decided to then compare a completely different bow (Destroyer) that this thread isn't about to your Carbon Element in order to draw a comparison between the bow you haven't shot (Carbon Knight) to the Carbon Element. Brilliant!



    I think Bowtech still has a long way to go to compete, quality wise, with Hoyt and Mathews. I also suspect their IBO speeds.
    lol no.

  10. #10
    Just Passin thru's Avatar
    Just Passin thru is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    3,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Experience is a MUCH better bow in my opinion. Honestly I hated the carbon knight, the grip was really blocky and I didn't like the draw cylce one bit. Once I shot the Experience I knew it was for me, the draw cycle is amazing and it is dead after the shot. Its a whole pound heavier than the knight but I feel the extra weight helps me hold better. IMO if you are looking for a new bow try the Experience after the carbon knight, the difference is tremendous.
    ***TEAM 24/7***
    Eat. Sleep. Hunt.


    Bowtech Experience 28.5/60
    HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra Single Pin
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Octane Balance X Stabilizer
    Ripcord Code Red Arrow Rest
    Tru-Fire Edge Release



    2013, 2014 GTG Attendee

  11. #11
    CoveyMaster's Avatar
    CoveyMaster is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MO/KS state line
    Posts
    3,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    So you haven't shot the bow this thread is about, so you decided to then compare a completely different bow (Destroyer) that this thread isn't about to your Carbon Element in order to draw a comparison between the bow you haven't shot (Carbon Knight) to the Carbon Element. Brilliant!

    lol no.
    Lol, step on a nerve much?
    No one locally had a Knight when I was bow shopping. I did shoot an experience and it was okay as well...still felt it was not quite up to quality with the Hoyts I had shot...was comparable to all the Mathews I shot so their flagship bow is on par I guess but line for line they aren't there yet.
    Hope your exposed nerve heals over bud.
    2013 Hoyt Carbon Element 75#, 28"
    Trophy Ridge React-One sight
    Beman BC
    NAP Hellrazor
    Carter RX2 release

  12. #12
    Yes
    Yes is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you posting in a thread about the Carbon Knight when you haven't held or shot one yet and instead decide to talk about the Destroyer?

    -"Hey guys tell me about the new 2014 Ford F150"
    -"Well, I haven't driven the new F150, but let me tell you about the Toyota Corolla."

  13. #13
    CoveyMaster's Avatar
    CoveyMaster is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    MO/KS state line
    Posts
    3,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTimeKiller View Post
    Has anyone shot this bow?? i just found out today about the carbon knight and was surprised that there wasnt a thread on this bow here (i might have just missed it) i just watched a video review on this bow for the first time. Only weighs 3.2 lbs, bh of 7" and 330 fps. Pretty solid specs. Also seemed odd to me that bowtech would release this bow now, since they already came out with the experience for this year. What do you guys think about bowtech's new rig? Imo looks pretty sharp, and id like to get my hands on one to try out. Opinions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    Why are you posting in a thread about the Carbon Knight when you haven't held or shot one yet and instead decide to talk about the Destroyer?

    -"Hey guys tell me about the new 2014 Ford F150"
    -"Well, I haven't driven the new F150, but let me tell you about the Toyota Corolla."
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

    The OP'er asked for opinions and mentioned stats, to which I gave a valid opinion based on stats of similar bows. I couldn't shoot the Knight since one wasn't available...
    I shot the one bow mentioned in the OP (Experience) and shot others from Bowtech and I own a Carbon composite bow from another company. Maybe that's irrelevant in your mind or maybe you're just in a pissy mood and looking for a fight....why don't you just move along or send me a PM and quit spamming up this guys thread yankydoodle.
    Last edited by CoveyMaster; 08-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.
    2013 Hoyt Carbon Element 75#, 28"
    Trophy Ridge React-One sight
    Beman BC
    NAP Hellrazor
    Carter RX2 release

  14. #14
    LittleChief's Avatar
    LittleChief is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    West Tennessee
    Posts
    2,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CoveyMaster View Post
    Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

    The OP'er asked for opinions and mentioned stats, to which I gave a valid opinion based on stats of similar bows. I couldn't shoot the Knight since one wasn't available...
    I shot the one bow mentioned in the OP (Experience) and shot others from Bowtech and I own a Carbon composite bow from another company. Maybe that's irrelevant in your mind or maybe you're just in a pissy mood and looking for a fight....why don't you just move along or send me a PM and quit spamming up this guys thread yankydoodle.
    How dare you say anything that is less than stellar about Bowtech to "Yes"? That means he has to spend time away from his Mathews bashing thread to respond.

    How inconsiderate of you.
    U. S. Navy (Retired)

  15. #15
    indynotch50's Avatar
    indynotch50 is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Morristown, IN
    Posts
    3,045
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've shot the carbon knight and experience, both were on 70 pounds. I think the experience feels better. It's just a lot more refined in both the draw cycle and how it feels in your hand. The carbon knight is just that... light. The draw cycle isn't real great, the grip is long and awkward. The back wall is nice, just sucks getting there. I'm just not a fan of 70# dual cam bows.

    My guess, for 2014 you'll have a Carbon Experience. That on 60 pounds will be a really nice bow.
    Mathews Z7 Xtreme
    AXT Driver 4 Pin
    AXT Carbon Triad Stabilizer
    AXT Carbon Helix Quiver
    Ripcord SOS Rest
    FirstString Red/Black/Halo
    Bloodsport String Stop
    Carbon Express Maxima Red 350

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •