Tinks Mock Scrape Dripper question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Battle734, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    i just started using a Tink's™ Scrape Bomb™ Scrape Dripper. Seeing that the scent only last around 5 days i was wondering how often i should enter the woods to refill. Any suggestions will be helpful!

Thank you and good luck

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I put down more scrape gel on the ground for that very reason. I wont check cameras until 3 weeks.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

3. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    2 weeks for me

4. Daniel p.

Daniel p. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never used the Scrape bomb but I used the spray last season. First night I made the scrape I sat in my stand and about an hour later had a small buck work it, I freshened it up every night I hunted and had deer work it every time I sat which was 3-4 nights a week wind permitting.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    How long the scent lasts depends on a couple of things. First, you have to understand what makes the dripper work. When you put liquid into the bottle and hang it upside down you create an air pocket on top of that liquid. As the sun warms during the day and the ambient temp rises that air will expand which is what forces the bottle to drip. So during these hot summer months, or with a bottle that's in direct sunlight, your dripper will work more quickly. Once things start to cool down or you put your dripper in the shade you should have better results (longer life). Also, when filling your dripper you want to put as much scent in as possible without filling the bottle all the way to the top. The smaller the air bubble in the top the slower the dripper will drip.

On average I get 7-15 days out of mine depending on location.

6. Battle734

Battle734 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks guys. also is the tinks power scrape spray bottle the same product as what comes in the dripper starter kit? i cant seem to find any more scent without buying the dripper with it.

7. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few of the the Tinks drippers but haven't used them, much because all of the Power Scape I have ever bought smelled strong of an ammonia smell. I got two bottles from different places and both had the same smell. The bottles that game with the dropped were the same. Anyone else experience. I assume this is h poo w it us supposed to smell so it led me to believe the Power Scrape was old and no longer good. I thought of trying the Golden Scrape Mate wasn't sure on that either.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

8. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wish I would have know that 2 days ago Justin. I was going what Tinks has marked on the dripper and the max fill they show is only about 1/3rd of the bottle. I have never filled it up past that but I think I will next time!