2013 Take a Kid Hunting Challenge - Post Your Pics

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BJE80, Aug 6, 2013.

1. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I challenge all BHC members to get out there and hunt with a kid. It doesn't matter if it is your own child or someone else’s. It doesn't matter how old or how young. Get them involved. Make it fun.

If you kill something with a kid at your side or the kid himself kills something, post up the pictures and share the story. If it means you need to sit in a pop up blind instead of a tree stand a couple times this season - Do it!

Post up updates of your hunts with the kids even if you didn't shoot something.

TAKE YOUR CAMERA ALONG AND TAKE PHOTOS!

Who is with me to pledge to get those kids away from the video games and out in the blind or treestand this season?

I am making it a priority this year to kill a deer with my oldest (6) at my side.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  2. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know I'm only 17 but I've already got some friends and younger cousins hooked and I've got some more set up to go this season! Just doing my part to give back to the sport!

3. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I plan on taking a few of my friends out this fall, whether its waterfowl hunting, sitting in a blind, or just checking traps.

4. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good idea, I'm in...and I'll also pledge to take someone new hunting whether it's a friend, co-worker, friends kids, someone from church, anybody who seems interested and responsible enough to go.

My kids and my good hunting buddy Matt who several years was a hell of a fisherman but hadn't hunted much. He wanted to get into it and we started blackpowder hunting my pops land, fast forward to today he is a deer killing machine with every weapon you can hunt with. Point being take sombody hunting:

Attached Files:

5. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll have mine out with me!! Youth season is right around the corner as well!!

6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My 13 year old son is going into his 2nd year archery! he will be right by my side this season as we have decided to take the plunge of filming each other to "be pro"!!! i'm really lookin forward to the quality time together!

here he is in his summit viper this past weekend! I taught him how to use it and he's hooked!!
    tatetree1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will have my daughter out for the first time this year looking for her first whitetail and my son will be going bear hunting for the first time.

8. Jerrysan97

Jerrysan97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am 15 and will be hunting with my dad. He will be taking my cousin also.

9. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My 5 year old daughter was with me last year deer hunting and she will be with again now a 6 year old. Tomorrow If I can get a surplus bear tag before they run out she'll be In the bear stand with me as well come September 1st. That I am looking forward too as Is she!!

10. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great idea. More kids need to get in the woods

11. lennyd19

lennyd19 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My daughter is going out for bow season this year. I can't wait to see her out there plan on getting my little guy out there a couple of times.

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Mild temps, and lots of activity in the evenings makes for short sits early season. My kid gets off the bus at 4 PM. I will be in the truck waiting on him in the driveway. We've been working on climbing trees. Little dude is scared to death of heights.

13. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Love this thread.

[​IMG]

14. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Always do!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I love the idea but how do you get them started in hunting/archery if they don't own a bow and do not know how to shoot? Most have never even hunted.

I've got a few friends that say they would like to try it but I don't have a second bow and they arn't going to spend the money on one.

16. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to pin this so we can come back during the season and post up our hunting pics with our kids.

17. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Take them along with you first. Let them sit next to you and enjoy the hunt. Get them interested. They don't need to be holding a bow or gun to enjoy the hunt.

18. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    unfortunately, my son & hunting partner has grown up and left for a mission. So cherish the time you have with your kids cuz it really flys by and before you know it they're gone. take as many pics/videos as you can and really make time for them.

19. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love the idea of trying to inspire other to take a kid hunting with them :nana: For those that don't have a kid left at home or have not had a child yet , it's not hard to find a kid looking for a chance to get out and see what it's all about .

I posted an ad looking for youth turkey hunters this past spring and ended up with 9 hunters , their parents , and a couple of guides in no time at all . It ended up being one of the best weekends of hunting I have ever had even though we only had 2 birds killed .

I'll accept the challenge but the shooter will be sitting with me , see avatar :)

20. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting with my daughter Britney again this year. Been having a blast scouting and trail camming with her this summer. It her second year bow hunting and hoping to kill her first bow deer. I will dust the camera off and start taking pictures of our adventures.