I Bought A New Sight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by parkersdad, May 5, 2013.

1. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have always been an HHA slider shooter but I get panic attacks when deer are walking up and I have to adjust. I decided to give a five pin sight a shot so I bough an Armortech HD today. Do you guys like them and have any pointers about them. Thanks Jeremy

2. stevietangles

stevietangles Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Both my bows have them.
    I have the 4 pin .019

they are great sights.
    just read how to set it up for the 3rd axis level.

3. Dalton

Dalton Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got the Axcel Armortech Vision HD 5 pin and love it. I only have it sighted in 20 yards so far, but it will be a great sight. You can go online to Axcel's website, and they will have directions for the sight.

4. BIGROB6480

BIGROB6480 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    best sight I have ever owned....

5. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ah how dare you jump ship! its all about HHA sights!:poke: just kidding congrats on the new sight.

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know how you feel.
    I just got back into practicing other distance shots with my HHA site set on other distances. Ie. with my site on 30yards I hold an inch high and precise 40 yd shots and hold it an inch low for 20 yd shots. Once you see how easy it is its just like having a pin but its not blocking your view or clogging up your site. I wouldn't want to go back to moving and adjusting all those little pins again.

Good luck. Let us know what you think afterwards.

7. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    Well the Armortech will be going back for a return tomorrow. The HHA is back on my bow. I am just used to the one pin and in my opinion the multi pin sights the pins are to close and clutter the field of view. I am glad I did that experiment to verify what I remembered but I am going to stick with HHA.

8. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    Well the sight is on the way back for a return. It is a quality sight but I am used to the single pin and can't get used to the multi pin sight. The HHA is back on my bow to stay.

9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate mutipin sights...the sight picture is just way to cluttered. For 90% my shots the single pin stays fixed...and for the rest it's great to dial it in an hold dead on.

10. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you came to your senses:)

11. denverd1

denverd1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    hmmm... bought an adjustable single pin from a guy for cheap. Never put it on my bow. Is it really that big of a difference?? I can see the pins cluttering the sight picture. Guess I need to mount it up and see for myself. I just don't see how adjusting a sight before you shoot is a good idea.

12. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    If your bow is halfway fast from 0 to 30 you should not need to move it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    By the way I think I am going to buy the wheel slider tonight. Any opinions on the wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:

These modern bows are so fast I just leave my site on 20yds and hold an inch high for 30yds or and inch low for 10yds. Practise shooting that way and just imagine a pin there. It'll still be a kill shot.

15. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    What do you call a "wheel Slider"?

I put another tape "blank" on the left side of my wheel to mark ranges on heavier arrows for Hogs. So it's like two sites in one. Works great.
    So far I haven't marked the tape yet.

photo.jpg

16. denverd1

denverd1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So you're saying 90% of your shots will be inside 30 yds, so having 5 pins that stretch out to 45 (or further, one of my buddies has a 60 yd pin) is pointless, so just use the 1 pin and make minor adjustments as needed. Then why not use a fixed site with only one pin and do the same thing? Seems like the margin for error (like it got bumped in the jeep on the way out) is way to big. But seems like some of you swear by them, just trying to learn from you guys.

17. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    Most of my hunts during the year I'm sitting on a stand over a feeder for hogs. First thing I'll do is I'll range under the feeder and set my site for that distance. I'll then range some trees or other objects around the feeder to know what those ranges are if a hog moves there. Now I'm set.
    If I'm still hunting hogs I'll set my HHA site to 30yds. I still hunting Elk or deer maybe 40yds. Anything past 40yds should be far enough away to range them and adjust your site if need be. Whats great is I once shot ram at 68yds and it was great to be able to set the one pin right on.

I also play a game with myself as I stalk and guess distances to trees in the distance then range them. I'm usually right on or only a couple of yards off after a while. I would think some of you guys that hunt more than me could range out to 50yds and be dead on.

I had a 4 pin Trophy Taker with pins set at 20-30-40-50yds and I couldn't adjust them close enough for my bow and I would some time use the wrong pin.