Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Illinoishunter102 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like

Scent killing stuff is getting to me again

I've been reading around and shopping when I got interested in getting an ozone generator as a scent killer. I know that cleaning companies use these after fires, floods, etc..

I never got interested in the Ozonics stuff, just didn't seem legit to me. Too much room for error.

This machine is just meant to kill bacteria on your clothes in a contained area. Has anybody used this particular product or know anything about it?

http://www.amazon.com/Oxy-Elim-A-Sce...d_sim_sbs_sg_2

Scent killing stuff is getting to me again-61lht2v7oul._sl1227_.jpg

David
    G5 Prime Impact~29" 55lbs
    Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak 350
    HHA Single Pin
    QAD HDX
    Apex Game Changer Quiver
    Fuse Stabilizer
    Slick Trick Magnum
    Tru-Fire 3D
    "Aim small, miss small."

montec is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't used this particular product but I do have the original Ozonics 100. Haven't used it in field yet so I can't comment on that. What I can tell you is late last year, we had a hot water tank leak and flood a downstairs bedroom.After clean up, that musty smell stayed.....and stayed. One evening I had an idea,"close the door and let the Ozonics run a couple hours". I was astounded when I checked back 3 hrs later.The room smelled fresh and to this day, the smell has not returned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by montec View Post
    I haven't used this particular product but I do have the original Ozonics 100. Haven't used it in field yet so I can't comment on that. What I can tell you is late last year, we had a hot water tank leak and flood a downstairs bedroom.After clean up, that musty smell stayed.....and stayed. One evening I had an idea,"close the door and let the Ozonics run a couple hours". I was astounded when I checked back 3 hrs later.The room smelled fresh and to this day, the smell has not returned.
    Thats what I was hoping to hear. Thanks

David
    HHA Single Pin
    QAD HDX
    Apex Game Changer Quiver
    Fuse Stabilizer
    Slick Trick Magnum
    Tru-Fire 3D
    "Aim small, miss small."

bowhunter42 is offline BHOD Crew Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen this before. I have used ozonics in the past and they work but it was just another thing to carry. Which when self filming it was one thing I didn't want to lug around. Last year I used the tinks b tech spray system and never got winded. That with scentblocker clothing and you can't go wrong. Awesome products

Tyler Rector BHOD prostaff
    (Tyler Rector BHOD Prostaff)

WKPTodd is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ozonic's is the only solution because you MUST have something running all the time in the stand or you will get busted on your breath alone! Ozonic's work!!!!

Swampthing is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunt the wind and you won't need to spend money on scent control.

trial153 is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scent control crap has been the biggest scam that hunting has ever seen. Nothing has parted hunters with more money and less returns then scent control clothing, and gimmicks.
    Happiness is a blood trail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by trial153 View Post
    Scent control crap has been the biggest scam that hunting has ever seen. Nothing has parted hunters with more money and less returns then scent control clothing, and gimmicks.
    I agree. I was hesitant of even creating this thread. I know scent control can turn into a heated discussion.

I just liked the idea, plus it was much cheaper compared to other ozone products.

David
    HHA Single Pin
    QAD HDX
    Apex Game Changer Quiver
    Fuse Stabilizer
    Slick Trick Magnum
    Tru-Fire 3D
    "Aim small, miss small."

Whitetail is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the Buck Country Products (you have one in the pic) for 2 seasons with great success. I have the smaller (micro) to take to my any stand. The Pro (one you have pictured) in 2 stands with a 12V locator type battery there and the Magnum (big one) in the room I keep my clothes. They work great. I cut my use of spray stuff by 2/3. I have an old clothes stand/rack with it hung on the wall above it. I used to always spray my clothes etc. every time I came home. Now I just hang them. You can put your clothes in a tote and put the little one on top and remove all the odors.

To try it take a new pair of leather gloves or your old sticky boots put them in a box with one over night. Or put a plastic garlic or steak seasoning jar (which seem to smell forever) under one for overnight and when you smell it you will laugh out loud. I own a Resort in northern WI and last fall had some bird hunters stay a few days. When they left their cottage smelled like wet dog. I put the Magnum on the fridge, came back in 2 days and NO smell. I recommend the Buck Country ones. My local shop stocks them and the are not that expensive. Way less than Ozonics and more conveneint And a WI company (but made in china).

Just a note. I just spoke to Buck Country and they told me that the same products are sold under Whitetail'R brand and soon the Buck Country brand will be not offered. Same product with different name. Buck Country parent company will focus mainly on the pet industry.

As far as scent control is a gimmick. I take great pains in scent control. To the point now that no one gets to hunt with me since they do not. I asked my buddies how many bucks they saw last year or the last 5 years combined. They will be lucky to see 1 or 2 and maybe get a shot. I passed 17 different bucks last fall. 2 in the 130-140 class. I had 42 opportunites to shoot a buck at 25 yards or less. It works for me. By the way they call me "Dumass", I never did shoot one and am buying beef.

Hunt the wind? Sound good until the wind changes, then you move and the wind changes again.
    Last edited by Whitetail; 04-24-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail View Post
    I have been using the Buck Country Products (you have one in the pic) for 2 seasons with great success. I have the smaller (micro) to take to my any stand. The Pro (one you have pictured) in 2 stands with a 12V locator type battery there and the Magnum (big one) in the room I keep my clothes. They work great. I cut my use of spray stuff by 2/3. I have an old clothes stand/rack with it hung on the wall above it. I used to always spray my clothes etc. every time I came home. Now I just hang them. You can put your clothes in a tote and put the little one on top and remove all the odors.

To try it take a new pair of leather gloves or your old sticky boots put them in a box with one over night. Or put a plastic garlic or steak seasoning jar (which seem to smell forever) under one for overnight and when you smell it you will laugh out loud. I own a Resort in northern WI and last fall had some bird hunters stay a few days. When they left their cottage smelled like wet dog. I put the Magnum on the fridge, came back in 2 days and NO smell. I recommend the Buck Country ones. My local shop stocks them and the are not that expensive. Way less than Ozonics and more conveneint And a WI company (but made in china).

Just a note. I just spoke to Buck Country and they told me that the same products are sold under Whitetail'R brand and soon the Buck Country brand will be not offered. Same product with different name. Buck Country parent company will focus mainly on the pet industry.

As far as scent control is a gimmick. I take great pains in scent control. To the point now that no one gets to hunt with me since they do not. I asked my buddies how many bucks they saw last year or the last 5 years combined. They will be lucky to see 1 or 2 and maybe get a shot. I passed 17 different bucks last fall. 2 in the 130-140 class. I had 42 opportunites to shoot a buck at 25 yards or less. It works for me. By the way they call me "Dumass", I never did shoot one and am buying beef.

Hunt the wind? Sound good until the wind changes, then you move and the wind changes again.
    Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it works. I did order the one pictured by the way!

David
    HHA Single Pin
    QAD HDX
    Apex Game Changer Quiver
    Fuse Stabilizer
    Slick Trick Magnum
    Tru-Fire 3D
    "Aim small, miss small."

cvbot is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Confidence in the stand is a huge part of being successful in this sport. If you have the money to spend on scent killing clothes/products, by all means buy it. As for me, I wash all of my clothes in scent killing detergent with baking soda after each hunt. It has worked for me for the past 6 years and have only been winded a handful of times when I knew the wind was against me. To each his own.

ohiobowhunter77 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    call me old school...but I don't put much merit into the mechanical scent control stuff. I do use scent killing sprays, and clothes washes....AND I PLAY THE WIND. I don't care how hard you try, or what products you use...I don't believe you will ever eliminate one hundred percent of your human and other odors....and if you are down wind...your probably going to get busted. I just do all I can, and play the wind....but don't personally buy into the other stuff. just my opinion, and if it works, great...but I am not lugging those silly big machines in the woods with me.

SCFox is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WKPTodd View Post
    Ozonic's is the only solution because you MUST have something running all the time in the stand or you will get busted on your breath alone! Ozonic's work!!!!
    The ONLY solution is to play the wind.

SCFox

ohiobowhunter77 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCFox View Post
    The ONLY solution is to play the wind.

SCFox
    yup, agreed. I think too many hunters are getting lazy and looking for the easy way out. don't get me wrong, every advantage helps...but nowadays, with all of the cameras, and other crap....nobody wants to get out in it, and scout, do legwork, and earn their deer anymore....all they wanna do is climb a tree, sit five minutes and shoot a deer....what fun, or challenge is that!!!??? seriously, I would love to see some of these 'modern' hunters try to kill a deer with a bow fifteen years ago....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobowhunter77 View Post
    yup, agreed. I think too many hunters are getting lazy and looking for the easy way out. don't get me wrong, every advantage helps...but nowadays, with all of the cameras, and other crap....nobody wants to get out in it, and scout, do legwork, and earn their deer anymore....all they wanna do is climb a tree, sit five minutes and shoot a deer....what fun, or challenge is that!!!??? seriously, I would love to see some of these 'modern' hunters try to kill a deer with a bow fifteen years ago....
    "Other crap" on the market is not a substitute to scouting, leg work or any other aspect of hunting. Its just an additional edge. You may have all the gear in the world but still not be successful. Regardless of what tools you use, its still a challenge.

Dont bash dude.

David
    HHA Single Pin
    QAD HDX
    Apex Game Changer Quiver
    Fuse Stabilizer
    Slick Trick Magnum
    Tru-Fire 3D
    "Aim small, miss small."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast