Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ohiobowhunter77 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoishunter102 View Post
    "Other crap" on the market is not a substitute to scouting, leg work or any other aspect of hunting. Its just an additional edge. You may have all the gear in the world but still not be successful. Regardless of what tools you use, its still a challenge.

Dont bash dude.
    that was bashing? seriously....change your panties. I was just saying that people expect not to have to do anything but go shoot a deer. I agree, that every advantage is good...but there is a point when all these gimmicks get ridiculous.

Justin is offline Administrator Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I contend that climbing a tree and shooting a deer in 5 minutes is much more difficult challenge than hunting for a month straight before killing one.

I love when people say "I hunt the wind, that's all I need". I always find this comical.

First, anyone with half a sense of what they're doing while deer hunting is playing the wind. It's deer hunting common sense 101. Wind is blowing from stand into area you think deer will be coming from or moving to on their way to you? Don't hunt that stand. Okay, we got it.

But when happens when you're hunting hill country where the wind is NEVER constant? Or what happens when a buck is coming in and you're undetected because you're so good at playing the way and you get a little swirl of wind that kicks back in his direction? Or what happens when a deer simply comes from a direction you don't think they're going to come from?

My point here is that "playing the wind" isn't as simple as people make it out to be. Wind direction is rarely consistent and never a guarantee. That's why I prefer to take every possible precaution I can just in case I get into one of the aforementioned situations. For me that includes scent eliminating clothing, soaps, sprays and anything else I can get my hands on that may mean the difference between success and failure. It doesn't mean that I'm not "playing the wind".
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Illinoishunter102 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiobowhunter77 View Post
    that was bashing? seriously....change your panties. I was just saying that people expect not to have to do anything but go shoot a deer. I agree, that every advantage is good...but there is a point when all these gimmicks get ridiculous.
    So what if people dont put in the sweat or work but still are fortunate enough to kill a deer with minimal effort? If that's what pleases them, then great! Why does it matter to you if somebody uses a trail camera to scout when they're not in the woods or a scent eliminating product? Who are you to judge?

None of the above is "an easy way out" or make the person lazy, its just an additive to be successful. I was just asking opinions as to whether ozone is effective. I've concluded that it is, so you don't need to stir things up.
    Last edited by Illinoishunter102; 05-02-2013 at 06:01 PM.

David
    G5 Prime Impact~29" 55lbs
    Carbon Express Maxima Blue Streak 350
    HHA Single Pin
    QAD HDX
    Apex Game Changer Quiver
    Fuse Stabilizer
    Slick Trick Magnum
    Tru-Fire 3D
    "Aim small, miss small."

jpark4 is offline Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've used a gnarly O-Zone Gen on my car once. Definitely does kill smell, but if you inhale too much of that stuff it gives you a gnarly headache.

SCFox is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I contend that climbing a tree and shooting a deer in 5 minutes is much more difficult challenge than hunting for a month straight before killing one.

I love when people say "I hunt the wind, that's all I need". I always find this comical.

First, anyone with half a sense of what they're doing while deer hunting is playing the wind. It's deer hunting common sense 101. Wind is blowing from stand into area you think deer will be coming from or moving to on their way to you? Don't hunt that stand. Okay, we got it.

But when happens when you're hunting hill country where the wind is NEVER constant? Or what happens when a buck is coming in and you're undetected because you're so good at playing the way and you get a little swirl of wind that kicks back in his direction? Or what happens when a deer simply comes from a direction you don't think they're going to come from?

My point here is that "playing the wind" isn't as simple as people make it out to be. Wind direction is rarely consistent and never a guarantee. That's why I prefer to take every possible precaution I can just in case I get into one of the aforementioned situations. For me that includes scent eliminating clothing, soaps, sprays and anything else I can get my hands on that may mean the difference between success and failure. It doesn't mean that I'm not "playing the wind".
    Don't get me wrong, I know there is more to it than just playing the wind. I use cover scents, store my clothes in scent proof totes, and have used scent elimination spray, any advantage that I think will work. I just don't believe that a guy needs to drop a few hundred bucks on the ozone machine and have someone tell me that that is the only way to kill deer.

SCFox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12