Has anyone Shot the Mission Ballistic?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jeffrey Jones, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If so what do you think about it? Is $675.00 a good price? Looking to get into a new Bow for 2013 and was wondering what it's all about. Seems like a fast bow with AVS an all like monster but what about quality and overall functionality. Let me know what you think and if this would be a good choice. Thanks OkieBowHunter

2. lefty40

lefty40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot it yesterday, the only thing I didn't like about it was the grip. Really different grip, real fat and squared off on the back side of the riser. The draw cycle and back wall was really nice. I think $675 is high, the one I shot was $499 bare bow I think.

3. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks yeah this one is fully loaded with Apex quiver, Trophy Taker rest, Extreme 4 pin site, and the guy is throwing in some arrows and broadheads.

4. lefty40

lefty40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gotcha, I was really impressed with the way it drew, held and shot. Nice bow for sure.

5. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Ok yeah all the online reviews really boast it but i'm glad you got to shoot it to let me no whats up I appreciate you. Our bow pro shop doesn't carry that bow but I know a guy who has it wanting to trade for a z7but it may not be worth a z7 but you never know. The shooters preference. OkieBowHunter

6. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Overall do you think this would be a good first up to date bow? I been shooting and older Bow. This coming season i'm going to be put into some different environments then I been hunting and I wanna be ready. OkieBowHunter

7. Pearce92

Pearce92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i really like mine. with that being said its not a $1000 bow but it performs every bit of a $800 IMO. the grip is a little funky and there is a little bit of a bump right before let off that gives me trouble if im tired or not thinking about it. but i can hold it at full draw forever. its a great all around bow well worth the money!

8. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love mine too.. I was looking for a back up bow didnt want to spend to much but tehn i shot the ballistic and thats was it now I take out the creed one day and the Ballistic the other..lol I responded cause that bump got tuned out of mine I am not sure who did your tuning but I felt that same little almost like a push or ike you said bump the shop I use really tune the crap out of bows he told me those modules and cam need alot of fine tuning he tuned it about and it was gone smooth as butta... Not as smooth as my Creed but damn close and on a 27/70 draw with 350 blue streaks a smoking 305 FPS my Creed was 290 FPS..

To OP get it man its the best bow out there for the money in my opinion in a dual cam setup what u got sounds good deal.. I put a QAD on mine HDX and its nice.. I also put on the new 2013 Trophy Ridge React sight with smart pins really nice pin sight.. I prefer a single pin but I wasnt spending another $500 on a Trijicon..lol

9. Jeffrey Jones

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good guys I'm pretty sure now that this'll be the bow I go with. It sounds pretty promising for the buck you know. Thanks OkieBowHunter

10. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love mine! Glad I got it :)

11. D&T Outdoors

D&T Outdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned alot of high end bows very good bows, mission approached me about shooting for them and I decided to try the ballistic and was blown away, it's an awesome bow and quality wasn't compromised her folks, I personally think it's smoother than the chill, I am shooting mine at 28.5" draw 65 lbs. 333 grain goldtip 22 series at 311fps.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358747142.928180.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358747169.308154.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358747192.631857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358747205.150794.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358747235.226911.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358747257.097350.jpg

Sent from my iPhone somewhere in the Midwest!

12. huntnutsbro

huntnutsbro Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i have shot it, great bow. will be picking mine up sometime next month! and the grip is fine!

13. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with what everyone is sayin here jeffrey, this is the best bow you can get for the buck in my opinion. To be honest im a hoyt guy myself and picked up a carbon element last season and dont get me wrong i absolutley love my bow! However... For the price the ballistic is you can NOT go wrong, its unreal how good quality bow that is for the price. I have shot most of the 2013 models of bows this year (most popular brands anyways) and so many people were talkin about the ballistic and how nice it is so i gave it a go, and i LOVE it! You'll be very, very happy if you pick up that bow. Hope you enjoy it, happy shootin!