Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Coop is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    GoldTips are great arrows also, I think you will be happy with them for sure. I use them a lot as well. I have some 3555 Traditionals (faux wood grain) I use with my traditional gear.

KyleLewis is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd just get some Beman ICS Hunters. They've been making Carbon arrows longer than anyone. As far as turkey calls and decoys there is nothing to it. They come in to any decoy really and a $20 Primos box call is loud and works great. If you plan on hunting in the rain you'll need a mouth call or a slate call made to be used in rain. Usually they are made of clear plastic. I forget what they're called.
    Last edited by KyleLewis; 11-22-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Mathews Z7xTREME
    Trophy Ridge Whisker Bisquit
    TruGlow Apex Inferno 3 pin sight
    Tru-fire release
    Beman ICS Hunter 400's
    Thunderheads
    Summit Viper SS

"What you bring into the woods is important but what you drag out says more."

boof is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first arrows I ever used were the cheapest ones Cabela's makes in a 4 inch vain. I killed two deer with them and was competitive in archery 3D shoots as well. I would highly recommend them, I think Black Friday you can get like a half-dozen for $25. Saving some cash here will allow you to spend a little more in other areas, like sight, rest and a stabilizer.

I dont know how old you are, but I assume you are in your teens? If that is the case then you will probably outgrow this setup pretty quick, so I wouldnt be breaking the bank to get everything right.

ISiman/OH is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntingNONstop View Post
    Ok wow that helps a ton! Thanks soo much!! I'm liking the Gold Tip XT Hunter at 3555 which should suit my bow well. Thanks for your help. Do you or anybody have any experience with the Gold Tip XT Hunter? I think they look real nice and I've heard good reviews on them. What do you guys think?
    I never had any issues shooting the gold tip xt's, I've been shooting them for several years now and back in 2010 I won the BH.com shoot with them.
    1st place in 2010 BH.com GTG 3D Smackdown

Check out SBO's Facebook page here
    And YouTube page here

HuntingNONstop is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    To: KyleLewis
    Ok thanks for the info on Turkey stuff, and as far as the Beman ICS Hunter, I love them! I used to use the juniors but their max is 40 and I'm at 45. And the Beman ICS Hunter you were talking about, doesn't really come in my size since again I'm at such a low DW and DL.
    Last edited by HuntingNONstop; 11-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    To: ISiman4
    Then the question is should I get the XT or the expedition? Are the Gold Tip XT Hunters worth the extra money?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm now that's a question I wish I could answer but I honestly don't know. I started out shooting the expeditions and switched to the XT's just because I had the little extra money. They are suppose to have tighter tolerance so in theory they are more accurate.

And YouTube page here

Backcountry is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntingNONstop View Post
    To: ISiman4
    Then the question is should I get the XT or the expedition? Are the Gold Tip XT Hunters worth the extra money?
    The expedition has a straightnesss tolerance of .006" the xt is .003". Same exact shaft. Out of a hunting setup, you will never see a difference.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Non-essential information here.

tfox is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My son shoots 45# at 25" draw length.

He shoots Axis .600's at 25 1/2" long with feathers(factory wrapped). We used 75 gr brass inserts tipped with 100 gr Magnus Stinger buzzcuts. Total arrow weight 385 gr and 20% FOC

This makes for an awesome hunting setup and worked great on the buck he killed this year.

I believe this would work well for your setup as well.
    www.bowstringdepot.com

"We want to help the helpless,we don't give a **** about the clueless anymore". Dennis Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thank you tfox. I'll think about that. It sounds like a good setup and I like that it goes to .600 spine, it's just that's a little too pricey, when I think the Gold Tip Expedition/XT might do just as good for less. The only think I'm hesitant on, is will I be ok with a 3555 that is .500 spine or should I look for something with .600?

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright guys this is what I'm deciding from...
    Easton Axis .600- all around heard were very high quality but a little pricey at $64.99 for 6
    Easton Carbon Ion .600- made for low poundage and short draw length bows like mine at $49.99 for 6
    Gold Tip Expedition Hunter 3555- good price, overall heard good, just questioning if .500 spine isn't good for my bow, $39.99
    Gold Tip XT Hunter 3555- good price, little better than ^ but still question the spine, that if 600 will be better for me, $49.99

I need your guys help on deciding^ don't just say an arrow if you use it, tell me what the best is for my setup and WHY. Also if i will be ok with a 500 spine or if I need the 600. Thanks so muchh!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The gold tips should be fine if you bump up your tip weight to soften the spine a bit. There is charts you can look at on the web sight.

And YouTube page here

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok but I want to stay at 100 grain because I don't want to buy all new broadheads and points. I like the gold tips better as of now but I'm wondering if they won't suit me as well as if I had a 600 spine. You guys think I'll be ok with 3555 gold tips or better off with a 600 spine arrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try some weighted inserts upfront just to get your arrow weight and FOC up. Trust me I've been making the mistake of hunting with a light arrow and I believe I have lost deer because of it.

And YouTube page here

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I'm going to go with the gold tips because its a 500 spine, I'll just be smart and go with a 600 spine since that's where I should be setup as. You know any good arrows that are available in 600 spine?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12