"How To" avoid being busted.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by selfbros, Nov 1, 2012.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have you ever been caught off guard while hunting deer? You know you’re busy with your phone and you look up only to notice that trophy standing there staring you down with his/her head tilted sideways. Maybe you’re climbing out of your favorite stand for an afternoon break when all of a sudden there’s old split toes 10 yards away grunting at you because he’s ready for a happy dance on your back side. Or what about those times when you’re bored in the stand you decide to throw one of your arrows at a irritating squirrel, but as you smile from you precise hit you glance to the left or right and again there he is head tilted sideways looking straight at you. Whatever the circumstance is we’ve all been there. I mean its all part of being a deer hunter right? Well maybe the outcome of your lack of focus doesn’t have to become so unfruitful.

Hello fellow hunters and welcome. In this week’s installment of “How To” by Shane the Pain. We are going to demonstrate the proper technique for successfully avoiding those not so great moments in the woods or field by applying the How to avoid being busted by those alert deer methodology. I know a lot of you are asking yourself “What If the deer looks up as I’m peeing from the stand, am I screwed? Well that answer is simple “Most likely yes but perhaps the Selfbros tactic, if applied correctly, can advance that big boys curiosity further.” Others may be thinking “what happens if I’m pooping in the woods and a deer approaches” well the best thing to do in this situation is too have your bow at full draw as soon as you assume the position. You can knock out two tasks as the same time with this tactic and have even more bragging rights back at camp. But more often than not the main thing that runs through our heads is “did he see me, does he see me, what if I move slowly. Let’s face the facts friends you’ve for sure been busted as that deer is simply laughing inside because he knows that you know there isn’t a chance you’re going home happy.

Again our team has spent long hours researching, gathering data and formulating the best approach to avoiding spooking deer after you’ve been busted. These steps are not only proven, but may even aid you while hunting a more dangerous animal such as a bear or cougar. Once our team was in stand they performed various activities in front of the deer until one approached just simply worked. This was the squirrel technique. It takes lots of practice to get it right, but worth the effort in the long run. At Selfbros, inc we’ve developed a sound proof way of avoiding these embarrassing moments by deploying the “Squirrel shield” Paten pending. Here’s how it works.

squirrel1side_001a.jpg

[As soon as the deer spots you]
    1. Freeze
    2. Next start making squirrel noises.
    3. Move your little friend the squirrel around so that the deer will know for sure that it isn’t a hunter of deer he’s just seen, but a hunter of nuts.
    4. Be open to explore the stand space with your little buddy, make him feel at home.
    5. Perhaps deploy multiple fake squirrels to resemble a family of squirrels enjoying the day’s weather.

By the time you’re finished that buck will forget he ever thought he saw a hunter and be back to doing the same old buck things he was doing before.

squirrel-puppet-gray-folkmanis.jpg

If you don’t believe us then just listen to what some of our happy followers had to say.

Fitz - “I’ve tried the acting like a squirrel before but it always ended in failure, but since I started using the Selfbros squirrel shield I feel more like a professional hunter.”

Justin –“ At first I was skeptical but I quickly realized that none of this matters when my camera is on the other side of a dead branch.”

Preacher Tony“Lately I’ve been practicing a lot in front of the mirror and my family. They get a kick out of me signing Veggie tales songs with the squirrel. I can’t wait to use it in the field.”

Ricky Bobby - "Hey. I'm Ricky Bobby. Christmas is right around the corner. And what better gift to give a loved one than the Jackhawk 9000. Available at Wal-Mart."

Dan- “Hey. I'm Dan. This is a great product but I just need to remember to take them off before I go into church. The Squirrel Shield gave that old lady in the afghan quite the scare”

These are just some of the comments we received.

Remember folks we strive for excellence in all or our methods and products. And we can’t wait to hear your success stories. Until next time and happy hunten.

Disclaimer: Selfbros, Inc and its affiliates are in no way to be held responsible for falling out of the tree while doing the Squirrel dance. In addition, Selfbros, Inc and its affiliates are not responsible for hunters who get shot by squirrel hunters. The Squirrel Shield is only to be used as a deterrent of spooked deer. It is not to be used to commit crimes or for political purposes. Also any use of this product by MTV’s Jersey Shore will not be acceptable and we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. This product maybe illegal in some states, please check you local law before using the Squirrel shield. This product has not yet been approved in Mexico.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
    Frydaddy likes this.
  2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    :lol::lmao: love the small print at the bottom

3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thats funny

I now look forward to every Selfbros product and advice that way someday I can be a great hunter

4. Country Lover

Country Lover Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somebody got two much free time.

5. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's been a long season for me already. I really needed a laugh! Geez where can I order one of those? Will the BHOD crew be endorsing these products?

6. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man, that was funny! I love the "Happy customer quotes". With the right marketing, it would probably do well! I mean hey, all you need is Hank Parker and your a millionaire.

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    True Story. ;)

While a great product, it does nothing to calm the nerves of a deer that you just shot over the back of... :busted:

8. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My sides are sore from laughing!! That's frickin hilarious. :D

9. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think you left out an important disclaimer: If condition lasts more than 4 hours...

11. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And in case you can't find a babysitter:

Squirrel Shield Deluxe.

Attached Files:

rustednuts likes this.
  12. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    We apologize to our viewers. It’s been brought to our attention that we forgot to mention one of Selfbros key strategies with using the Squirrel Shield. The issue was as our Pro Staffer and long time friend Fitz pointed out what do you do when you send an arrow over the deer’s back and he takes off? Well we recently sent our team of experts back out to the field to come up with a “Best in Class” method for dealing with this sort of unfavorable situation. So after several long hours spent abroad, scaring the heck out of deer in our pesky Nieghbors deer stand, our team members came up with a solution. As you line up your shot on that magnificent buck of the life time and release your arrow, make quick to grab your Squirrel shield and dispatch it towards the deer. Use plenty of strength when throwing The Squirrel Shield. With plenty of practice you can have that squirrel hitting the ground behind that trophy buck simultaneously with your arrow. In return the buck will just think “Hey, I’m Mr Bg Buck. These squirrels are freaking crazy over here, but I like it. That’s my style CRAZY and I think I’ll stand to left a little more and even broadside to that strange tree that just said “Oh Crap!”.”

If you fail to throw the squirrel shield in time don’t worry. Our team is working on developing a brand new approach to sending that squirrel at your spooked trophy with precision and speed. It is the Squirrel launcher 2000. It should be available soon at a retailer near you.

squirrelLauncher2000.jpg

Also available in Lost Camo.

Disclaimer: The Squirrel Launcher 2000 has not been approved by PETA. The use of The Squirrel Launcher 2000 is restricted to anyone over the age of 5, and anyone younger than five should be supervised by a five year old or older. Selfbros Inc, and their affiliates are not responsible for injury of death of any live squirrels that might be launch with the Squirrel Luancher 2000, although they work much better. Also Selfbros Inc and its affiliates are not responsible for any property damage associated with the launching of said live squirrels. Please use responsibly and do not operate after consuming 19 alcoholic beverages (this doesn’t include beer).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  13. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    FAQ: Can the squirrel launcher 2000 be used with the squirrel shield deluxe?

14. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    I'm waiting for the combo package to be available. Any ideas as to when this glorious deal may hit shelves?!?! :D

15. minnesotahunter

minnesotahunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  16. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Only available on Black Friday. We do offer Military discount and also as an added bonus if you bring a picure of you kicking a kitten or puppy infront of a PETA member we'll also include the JackHawk 9000 for free. Normally a $99.99 value, but its free for a limited time only to those who bring a valid picture.

17. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    How about a cat-kicking pic taken in front of an ex-PETA member?

18. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    ^Yes that would also be outstanding.....I'm mean acceptable.

19. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Then I'm all set! We have three cats and my wife used to be a member of PETA! Plus I'm ex-military. :lol:

20. REMYNGTON

Dislikes Received:
    Throw in a box of ""Maypax" for the lady friend and her lady parts and its a deal!! "The official tampon of NASCAR" :D

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012