"How To" pee on a scrape.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by selfbros, Sep 1, 2012.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings all and welcome to another installment of “How Too” by Shane The Pain. In this week’s episode we’ll cover the methodology and how too steps for infatuating a bucks scrape by peeing in it.

First of all this is not a joke, I mean this is serious business people. It’s a method that pretty much anyone can use. You’re most likely asking yourself “is this guy for real” or the most common question people ask “if I write my name in the dirt or snow will the buck know who it is?” well the answer is YES DUH.

Here at SelfBros inc we have broken down the process and our experienced researchers have concluded in coming up with the best practices for sustaining an active scrape with human urine. Our researchers have also disproved another popular belief or practice used by many bow hunters across the world. That popular belief is that pooping in a deer bed will bring in the big bucks. Well that's not true. If you don’t believe us try it on that pesky Neighbors ground. While conducting this research we placed the camera over the pile and received zero pics of deer and 14 pics of the pesky neighbors dog rolling around in it then eventually he consumed it. We later took notice of the neighbors allowing his four legged friend to lick his face. HEHEHEHE!

Now put that all aside and we’ll move on to the main topic of peeing in a scrape. These are the simple steps to follow when you come across a scrape or suspected scrape. First off, are you sure it’s from a deer? In other words are you the only hunter in the woods? If not it could very well be manmade. If you’ve determined that it is indeed a manmade scrape, and you’re not happy about this intruder, you may apply the poop idea; however, be warned that deer may leave this particular area after applying just one treatment. Moving forward, so you’ve determined that it is most likely a monster whitetail bucks scrape,perhaps the largest buck in the world, did you take notice of any deer tracks in it? If so this is what you'll need to do next. Here are 6 steps to follow for the “best in class” of peeing on scrapes.

1. When in doubt whip it out! (Don’t be shy unless there is a trail camera set up. If so then take pride, smile and wave)
    2. Aim for the dirt. (All of you life you’ve been training for this moment so don’t mess it up)
    3. Get it all over the scrape. (If needed move your hips in a circular motion to cover the full scrape)
    4. Try not to get those infamous shivers. (A buck doesn't piss all over the neighboring trees and leaves.)
    5. If you shake it more than twice you’re playing with it. :) (Stop it! You’re here to kill deer not future child support.)
    6. When you’re finished find a water source and wash your hands for Pete’s sake. (After all, you’ll soon be handling food for the rest of the year)

One more thing before we say good bye. Our researchers had a difficult time asking their wives to join them in the woods to pee on scrapes. Most of us at SelfBros. Inc, had to sleep on the couch after asking. So our studies have only been proven on the male urine samples. However, we would like to hear from the true ladies out there who pee on scrapes. Does it work for you too or do you have a man pee in a bottle that you bring with you?

Well that’s all folk’s. We truly hope that you’ve enjoyed this latest rendition of “How too” by Shane The Pain and we hope to see you next time.

Happy hunting and remember to aim straight.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shane, how would you advise on:

*Extremely Cold Temperatures
    *Several layers of clothing, gloves & harness
    *Stage fright

3. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    AW very good question indeed.

*Extremely Cold Temperatures -For many males extreme cold weather also mean inny not outy, but for males like myself just drink plenty of hot coffee and the urine shouldn't freeze prior to penetrating the scrape

*Several layers of clothing, gloves & harness -Plan ahead, perhaps have a good idea where you’re going to find said scrapes and start removing such garments ahead of time[/I]

*Stage fright - Personally, I always picture the buck naked and it helps calm my nerves [/I]

4. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO...thanks buddy. I needed that today as today is the end of 13 straight days of work at my regular job. You count my registry position at another job and I go back closer to the entire month.

5. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks! You should send this hunters "How to" article into Field & Stream. Pun sort of intended...

6. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If one were to bottle their urine in, let say, an old Mt Dew bottle to use at a later date. Would you recommend placing said urine in the refrigerator until needed? Also, when bottling the urine are the circular hip motions still necessary?

7. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This will help so much the next time I find a scrape. Now if you will excuse me I am gonna go use the poop method on my neighbors door step.

8. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Bottling pee is an effective tool, but mountian Dews green colored bottles arei'commended as one could clearly forget urine is in said bottle. Thus you wasted sample. Our researchers suggest holding it in and using freshly applied. The circular motion is frown on when filling bottles in your wife's bathroom.

9. SOIL hunter

SOIL hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought for sure there were going to be picture illustrations.

10. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    I would have had a great picture but Justin was doing the circular motion way too fast and the picture was blurry.

11. Doublelung1977

Doublelung1977 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Now that's ef'n funny!

12. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Proof! This guy came through shortly after GoldenRectangle (kind of an ironic name for the post, huh?) pissed in one of y scrapes!

I'm a believer that Ginger piss works the best, also.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346532007.847180.jpg

13. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Well folks I conducted an experiment Friday afternoon after sitting all moring with no sightings of deer what so ever. I decided to use my tatic and create a mock scrape from scratch. I had a camera all ready in place, but no pics on it from the past 2 weeks. So I grabbed a stick and gave the earth a once through then gave my art its final touch (Golden touch that is). he's what I found the following AM when I return to check the self made mock scrape with human urine.

SUNP0004.jpg SUNP0007.jpg SUNP0008.jpg SUNP0011.jpg SUNP0012.jpg

Well unfortunately I have 2 pics of a small 1 year old buck checking it out as well, but the forume will not allow me to upload those two pics?? I’ll keep trying.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pee on a scrap of what?

15. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    lol,, i didn't relize I missed the E in Scrape until it was too late. :bash:

16. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    this is f in awesome.....hahahaha

17. SOIL hunter

SOIL hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have some personally made scrapes that are getting hit. I also took a wizz out of my stand about 45 minutes prior to shooting my buck Saturday evening. He was more interested in my Shooter Buck 3d target than anything I was doing.

18. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I take offense to the shake it more the twice comment, I am a busy guy and I like to multitask whenever I can.....if i dont get a least 10 shakes out of it I feel non productive. Good post.

19. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  20. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Pokemon of the Week??????