Marauder is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like

What's My Bow Worth?

Hey guys, with any luck i'll be shooting with a smoother, faster, quieter bow within a month. So here's the big question. How much is it worth? I have a PSE Marauder which I believe is a 2003. It has a 70lbs DW, 30 inch DL, bout 38 A2A, and about 7.5 brace height. I had a new string and cable put on last fall with whisker silencers. For how old my bow is, it's in good condition. Not perfect but still decent. I am wishing to sell it bare or with a couple of simple items on it such as a cheap drop away and possibly the quiver since it is the matching one. However the site I am taking and also the stabilizer. I did post it on craigslist but haven't received any interest, perhaps I posted it too high. What do you guys think?

Mission Venture 30/65 Lost Camo
    QAD HD Lost Camo
    GWS Hunter Sight
    Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 Lost Camo
    Muzzy 125 3 Blade

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Jtmoney2002 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
    Hey guys, with any luck i'll be shooting with a smoother, faster, quieter bow within a month. So here's the big question. How much is it worth? I have a PSE Marauder which I believe is a 2003. It has a 70lbs DW, 30 inch DL, bout 38 A2A, and about 7.5 brace height. I had a new string and cable put on last fall with whisker silencers. For how old my bow is, it's in good condition. Not perfect but still decent. I am wishing to sell it bare or with a couple of simple items on it such as a cheap drop away and possibly the quiver since it is the matching one. However the site I am taking and also the stabilizer. I did post it on craigslist but haven't received any interest, perhaps I posted it too high. What do you guys think?
    I would say you would maybe get 150 with some accessories,It being a bow nine years old and all. Its hard to sell used bow that has more than three or four years of use on em , I sold a couple of bows on craigslist and its tough to get what you want for em. Id say keep it for a back up bow rather giving it away for almost nothing.

Muzzy Man is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use it to introduce a friend/family member to archery... then the price will be irrelevant.

REMYNGTON is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Yeah I'd have to agree with the keep it as a back up instead of giving it away logic. U never know what could happen mid season. And having a bow u know and are familiar with as a back up is a good idea IMO..

Nock em down, Drag em out!!
    2012 Bear Legion
    28" DL
    67# DW
    Nap Apache dropaway
    Beman ICS Bowhunter 340's
    Muzzy MX-3 (100gr)
    NOCK EM DOWN, DRAG EM OUT

wl704 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    To get a quick approximate value try searching on ebay or yakaz.com. I didn't see any on ebay, but yakaz includes a search of ebay, ALL craigslists and other sales sites.

Looks like you would be lucky to get $150 for the bare bow, but you could always put a listing on ebay with a minimum price as this is the time of year that bow are in demand for those doing their last minute shopping. I do like the other suggestions of gifting or a backup bow too.

Oneida H250 & Screaming Eagle, Bear Recurve
    Easton XX75 Superlite,
    CX Mayhem Hunter

CofC is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have guessed max 150 as well. What something should theoretically sell for and finding a buyer at that price don't always match. You may have to drop your price a little lower than you'd like to spark interest.

Marauder is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I actually wouldn't mind keeping it around but the girlfriend wants it sold if I'm gonna buy a new bow. I actually really like my bow but just want an upgrade. I'm more than likely going with the Mission Venture which compared to my bow is just sick! But I get the the point of giving it away for nothing.... which is something I'd rather not do. I was thinking I'd be lucky getting a 100 for it. I have it listed for 175 obo which indicates I'd be willing to budge. I suppose it wouldn't hurt having around my grandpa's shop.

Mission Venture 30/65 Lost Camo
    QAD HD Lost Camo
    GWS Hunter Sight
    Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 Lost Camo
    Muzzy 125 3 Blade

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Muzzy Man is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some archery shops sell on consignment... that may be an option.