Marauder is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like

What's My Bow Worth?

Hey guys, with any luck i'll be shooting with a smoother, faster, quieter bow within a month. So here's the big question. How much is it worth? I have a PSE Marauder which I believe is a 2003. It has a 70lbs DW, 30 inch DL, bout 38 A2A, and about 7.5 brace height. I had a new string and cable put on last fall with whisker silencers. For how old my bow is, it's in good condition. Not perfect but still decent. I am wishing to sell it bare or with a couple of simple items on it such as a cheap drop away and possibly the quiver since it is the matching one. However the site I am taking and also the stabilizer. I did post it on craigslist but haven't received any interest, perhaps I posted it too high. What do you guys think?

Mission Venture 30/65 Lost Camo AT
    QAD HD Lost Camo
    Vital X - Startrax
    Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 Lost Camo
    NAP Killzone 100gr

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Jtmoney2002 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
    Hey guys, with any luck i'll be shooting with a smoother, faster, quieter bow within a month. So here's the big question. How much is it worth? I have a PSE Marauder which I believe is a 2003. It has a 70lbs DW, 30 inch DL, bout 38 A2A, and about 7.5 brace height. I had a new string and cable put on last fall with whisker silencers. For how old my bow is, it's in good condition. Not perfect but still decent. I am wishing to sell it bare or with a couple of simple items on it such as a cheap drop away and possibly the quiver since it is the matching one. However the site I am taking and also the stabilizer. I did post it on craigslist but haven't received any interest, perhaps I posted it too high. What do you guys think?
    I would say you would maybe get 150 with some accessories,It being a bow nine years old and all. Its hard to sell used bow that has more than three or four years of use on em , I sold a couple of bows on craigslist and its tough to get what you want for em. Id say keep it for a back up bow rather giving it away for almost nothing.

Muzzy Man is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use it to introduce a friend/family member to archery... then the price will be irrelevant.

REMYNGTON is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^^ Yeah I'd have to agree with the keep it as a back up instead of giving it away logic. U never know what could happen mid season. And having a bow u know and are familiar with as a back up is a good idea IMO..

Nock em down, Drag em out!!
    ~"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear

~2008 Diamond Marquis 28.5" @ 68#
    ~NAP Apache Dropaway
    ~TruGlo 3pin sight (looking to replace soon)
    ~Tru Fire release
    ~Beman ICS Bowhunter 340's w/NAP Quickfletch
    ~Swhacker 125gr

wl704 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    To get a quick approximate value try searching on ebay or yakaz.com. I didn't see any on ebay, but yakaz includes a search of ebay, ALL craigslists and other sales sites.

Looks like you would be lucky to get $150 for the bare bow, but you could always put a listing on ebay with a minimum price as this is the time of year that bow are in demand for those doing their last minute shopping. I do like the other suggestions of gifting or a backup bow too.

Oneida H250 & Screaming Eagle, Bear Recurve
    CX Mayhem Hunter

CofC is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have guessed max 150 as well. What something should theoretically sell for and finding a buyer at that price don't always match. You may have to drop your price a little lower than you'd like to spark interest.

Marauder is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I actually wouldn't mind keeping it around but the girlfriend wants it sold if I'm gonna buy a new bow. I actually really like my bow but just want an upgrade. I'm more than likely going with the Mission Venture which compared to my bow is just sick! But I get the the point of giving it away for nothing.... which is something I'd rather not do. I was thinking I'd be lucky getting a 100 for it. I have it listed for 175 obo which indicates I'd be willing to budge. I suppose it wouldn't hurt having around my grandpa's shop.

Mission Venture 30/65 Lost Camo AT
    QAD HD Lost Camo
    Vital X - Startrax
    Goldtip XT Hunter 7595 Lost Camo
    NAP Killzone 100gr

When a Hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics, and richer for the experience. That Hunter is 20 feet closer to God. -Fred Bear

Muzzy Man is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some archery shops sell on consignment... that may be an option.