What's My Bow Worth?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Marauder, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, with any luck i'll be shooting with a smoother, faster, quieter bow within a month. So here's the big question. How much is it worth? I have a PSE Marauder which I believe is a 2003. It has a 70lbs DW, 30 inch DL, bout 38 A2A, and about 7.5 brace height. I had a new string and cable put on last fall with whisker silencers. For how old my bow is, it's in good condition. Not perfect but still decent. I am wishing to sell it bare or with a couple of simple items on it such as a cheap drop away and possibly the quiver since it is the matching one. However the site I am taking and also the stabilizer. I did post it on craigslist but haven't received any interest, perhaps I posted it too high. What do you guys think? :confused:

2. Jtmoney2002

Jtmoney2002 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say you would maybe get 150 with some accessories,It being a bow nine years old and all. Its hard to sell used bow that has more than three or four years of use on em , I sold a couple of bows on craigslist and its tough to get what you want for em. Id say keep it for a back up bow rather giving it away for almost nothing.

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Use it to introduce a friend/family member to archery... then the price will be irrelevant.

4. REMYNGTON

REMYNGTON Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^ Yeah I'd have to agree with the keep it as a back up instead of giving it away logic. U never know what could happen mid season. And having a bow u know and are familiar with as a back up is a good idea IMO.. :)

Nock em down, Drag em out!!

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    To get a quick approximate value try searching on ebay or yakaz.com. I didn't see any on ebay, but yakaz includes a search of ebay, ALL craigslists and other sales sites.

Looks like you would be lucky to get $150 for the bare bow, but you could always put a listing on ebay with a minimum price as this is the time of year that bow are in demand for those doing their last minute shopping. I do like the other suggestions of gifting or a backup bow too.

6. CofC

CofC Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would have guessed max 150 as well. What something should theoretically sell for and finding a buyer at that price don't always match. You may have to drop your price a little lower than you'd like to spark interest.

7. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I actually wouldn't mind keeping it around but the girlfriend wants it sold if I'm gonna buy a new bow. I actually really like my bow but just want an upgrade. I'm more than likely going with the Mission Venture which compared to my bow is just sick! But I get the the point of giving it away for nothing.... which is something I'd rather not do. I was thinking I'd be lucky getting a 100 for it. I have it listed for 175 obo which indicates I'd be willing to budge. I suppose it wouldn't hurt having around my grandpa's shop. :rock:

8. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some archery shops sell on consignment... that may be an option.