ky_longbow is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like

heliM and insane achery cam mount............

my insane archery cam mount came in yesterday, tried it out this morning with the playsport mounted, still some vibration..........any suggestions ?
    http://youtu.be/n9JEUsWa8YQ

Justin is online now Administrator Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately you're going to get vibration with any bow-mounted camera. It's just the nature of the beast. Overall I don't think it's too bad though. I watched your video and you seem to stay on the target well after the shot, which is key to getting good footage with this type of setup.

Good luck with it this fall!
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Fitz is offline Administrator Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the camera all the way at the end of the mount?

If you have room bring it back toward to bow a bit at a time, you'll probably find a sweet spot that has less vibration than the end.

fitz@bowhunting.com
    Mathews Creed in Black/Lost Camo | Canon 70D - 18-135mm STM Lens
    T5 Arrow Quiver - Black Gold Ascent w/ 4" Dovetail | Rode VideoMic Pro Shotgun Mic
    NAP ArmorRest - Pine Ridge Nitro Stabilizer | Muddy Pro Camera Arm
    CX PileDrivers 350 - NAP Quickfletch, Killzones & Hell Razors | Manfrotto MVH502AH Fluid Head

My 2014 Season Journal Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's how far I was able to move mine in (partly for vibration, but mainly so I can reach my phone screen with my bowhand at full draw )

fitz@bowhunting.com
    T5 Arrow Quiver - Black Gold Ascent w/ 4" Dovetail | Rode VideoMic Pro Shotgun Mic
    CX PileDrivers 350 - NAP Quickfletch, Killzones & Hell Razors | Manfrotto MVH502AH Fluid Head

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Is the camera all the way at the end of the mount?

If you have room bring it back toward to bow a bit at a time, you'll probably find a sweet spot that has less vibration than the end.
    very observant , yep it was kinda toward the end of the mount , kinda like being on the end of a diving board !!!
    but my threads werent in the best condition, and after playing around with the cam/mount, i stripped them out...........but i know they can be fixed !
    Last edited by ky_longbow; 04-17-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

montec is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried this with the Moultrie Reaction Cam and was not satisfied with the results. I also tried the cam on the brim of my hat which was better but still not satisfied. I'm going back to the best set-up.....camera mount on the end of treestand using your camcorder. No vibration there but you have to be more cautious of movement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fitz you got any footage with the iphone and mount you could share ? Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    I do, but it's from the day I got it. I think I had it at the end of the bracket then. I'm uploading it to YouTube right now & I'll post it when it's done....

fitz@bowhunting.com

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, here's the video...

fitz@bowhunting.com

InsaneArchery is offline Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ky_longbow View Post
    very observant , yep it was kinda toward the end of the mount , kinda like being on the end of a diving board !!!
    but my threads werent in the best condition, and after playing around with the cam/mount, i stripped them out...........but i know they can be fixed !
    ky_longbow - Fitz gave you the correct advice and your "diving board" analogy is exactly correct. Also, make sure everything is all tightened securely to your bow. Lastly, I'm not sure where you have it attached to your bow, but if it's over the stabilizer try attaching it to the riser. That seems to be a more solid location on some bow setups. Regarding your stripped threads, I can replace your threads with a 1/4"-20 steel threaded insert and it'll be absolutely rock solid. If your using a Kodak PlaySport Zx3, I also have a Cradle on my website that will increase the footprint of the camera dramatically - http://insanearchery.com/cradle.html. Send me a PM if you want further information on the steel insert. Good luck! And thank you for the help Fitz, I appreciate it!!

Oh yeah, one more bit of advice for self recording your shots... always use a lighted arrow nock to pick up the flight of the arrow. It can make a good video a great video and a great video and AWESOME video. ;o)
    Last edited by InsaneArchery; 04-19-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys big thumbs up to Brian at insane archery , sent my playsport to him last Monday , got it back today , thats service guys !!! The metal threads are awsome , better than original .
    And i found the "sweet" spot on the mount today , very little recoil or vibration now !!!!

jfergus7 is offline Field Staff Legendary Woodsman
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post a new video when you can. Would like to see the difference.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Mathews Helim
    Carbon Express Blue Streak Selects
    NAP Killzones & Quickfletches
    NAP Apache Carbon
    Pine Ridge Nitro Stabilizer
    Lakewood Products Bowfile

Click Here: To check out my Youtube Page