The First Three!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Heckler, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I completed my new bow build a couple days ago by adding a Axcel Vision sight. I've been bummed.. The weather has not been cooperating. I was starting to feel ill prepared as turkey season is only 10 days out. Today the weather broke just long enough for me to shoot a handful of arrows.

I was pleasantly surprised with the first three at 20 yards without any tuning or sight adjustments! Any tighter group and I would have been replacing nocks/arrows... I hope I can get a couple hours this weekend to make a few adjustment and get my 30 and 40 yard pins set! It's the little things that give me that "pick me up"... I am feeling much better.

I am like a boy scout when it comes to being prepared. Everything has to be just right or a freak out! :lol: My wife believes am I way to high strung when it comes to hunting. She thinks I would enjoy it more if I "just let things ride". She is starting to make me believe I am crazy? Please tell me I am not the only one???!

7006879855_fe475a2f7a.jpg

Mathews Heli-M (fanboy)
    Axcel Vison Sight
    Rip Cord Code Red rest
    K-Tech KB26 Stabilizer / String Stop
    Mathews T5 Quiver

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yup your crazy ! Nice shooting !

3. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome. What arrows are you shooting with your Heli? I am using Easton FMJ's but I'm thinking about going back to CX?

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ah Pat! Thanks for the words of encouragement.... :lol: Seroiusly... Where is the 50 gal drum of chill pills??? I may need to start taking them by the handful.

5. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I gave up many many years ago on everything going right and being prepared. Had so many things get messed up when I was younger and going hunting and fishing and camping with my dad. So now I just prepare the best I can, and if i forget something, or something doesnt go as planed, I just let it roll off my back. Im going out to the woods to sit and relax, not get worked up because something doesnt work out. Its a part of the process to me.

6. NebraskaDeerKilln

NebraskaDeerKilln Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good shooting. Im still working on getting my bow to do nice groups like that

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Goldtip XT Hunters - Is there anything else? I've shot a lot of different arrows. To me, I shoot just as well with them and I don't cringe when I break/lose one.... I ordered 3 doz. 5575 in Lost Camo to get me started this year. I think I paid $75 a doz which was a steal as far as I am concerned.....

8. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife says the same thing about me.....She tells me I think to much.....which is sometimes a bad thing lol....Nice shooting!!