Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    jporteous's Avatar
    jporteous is offline Junior Member Newb
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prescott, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Switching Arrows

    Im looking to switch to a different arrow. Been shooting Carbon Express' for bit but want to change it up. What do you guys think about these two choices...

    Victory Archery VForce HV Arrows

    vs

    Easton FlatLine SuperLite Arrows
    Martin Bangel @ 30/60
    NAP Apache Drop & 8"Stab
    TruGlo Op & Quiv
    Easton Flatlines 400
    Muzzy MX-3
    Tru Ball Outlaw

    Stick Slingers Union
    jerAco Outdoors

  2. #2
    indynotch50's Avatar
    indynotch50 is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Morristown, IN
    Posts
    3,018
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went from flatlines to blue streaks and there was absolutely no change.
    Mathews Z7 Xtreme
    AXT Driver 4 Pin
    AXT Carbon Triad Stabilizer
    AXT Carbon Helix Quiver
    Ripcord SOS Rest
    FirstString Red/Black/Halo
    Bloodsport String Stop
    Carbon Express Maxima Red 350

  3. #3
    okdeerhunter's Avatar
    okdeerhunter is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    tulsa oklahoma
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like
    How heavy do you want the arrows an what spine are you looking at also what bow dl an draw weight?


    Sent from my hand held hunting device
    Hoyt. Crx 32
    Qad hdx
    Fuse carbon blade
    Fuse 4 arrow mini quiver
    Hha 5519.

    Hoyt carbon element black out
    Qad hdx
    Fuse carbon blade
    Fuse 4 arrow quiver
    Spot hogg hog father single pin

    Hoyt carbon element rkt blackout
    Black qad hdx
    Fuse carbon blade
    Fuse 4 arrow quiver
    Spot hogg hog father single pin

    Hoyt carbon matrix
    Fuse 4 arrow quiver
    Red qad hdx
    Fuse carbon blade
    Spot hogg hog father single pin

  4. #4
    englum_06's Avatar
    englum_06 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to recommend the Easton Axis N-Fused arrows.

    When I switched to them from Gold Tips, I started getting 3-4 more inches of penetration into the target.
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 (29", 66#)
    29.5" Easton Hexx 400
    100 Gr. Ulmer's Edge

    2010 200 Point Club (230")
    2012 Largest shed contest winner

  5. #5
    Atky021 is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like
    i shot carbon express then when i started 3D league i bought some victory arrows and tried them....im going back to carbon express ones there a couple dollars cheaper and shoot just as good if not better.
    2012 Hoyt Carbon Element Black out
    pro-v1 drop rest black/red
    extreme 1 pin
    fuse carbon blade 6.5" stab.
    red/black wrist sling

  6. #6
    2xlung5h0t's Avatar
    2xlung5h0t is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Leesburg, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    401
    Post Thanks / Like
    love my flatlines!
    Tommy MaC
    Mathews z7extreme

    iBroke iT.net

  7. #7
    tynimiller's Avatar
    tynimiller is online now Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    6,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by englum_06 View Post
    I have to recommend the Easton Axis N-Fused arrows.

    When I switched to them from Gold Tips, I started getting 3-4 more inches of penetration into the target.
    Weight of arrow, tip or spine didn't change? 3-4 inches is a substantial amount of change for simply an arrow change if everything else stayed...that's awesome if so!
    The Deer Alarm...an interesting article on re-examining how deer "think" and react.

    www.smallacrehunting.com
    Site based on spreading experiences and knowledge that any hunter can learn from....not too mention I try to have as many giveaways as I can afford!


    Yes I lost to the Kansas boys...

  8. #8
    InnerX CBS's Avatar
    InnerX CBS is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    413
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot tell you much about the Flatlines but I can tell you that the Victory HV's are pretty thin walled and not the most durable arrow out there. What are you looking for in an arrow? What are you shooting with it? Whats your bow set-up?
    InnerX Custom Bowstrings, Sets start at just $70
    www.InnerXCustomBowstrings.com
    InnerXCustomBowstrings@Gmail.com
    207 441 4198

  9. #9
    englum_06's Avatar
    englum_06 is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tynimiller View Post
    Weight of arrow, tip or spine didn't change? 3-4 inches is a substantial amount of change for simply an arrow change if everything else stayed...that's awesome if so!
    That axis arrows are heavier, about 1 GPI. I was shooting a 29" gold tip expedition 5575 with a slick trick 100. Then switched to the axis 400 at 29.5" with a 100 gr slick trick. So with the extra GPI I gained roughly 30 grains. The shafts have an almost slick finish to them where the gold tips were rough, and they are super slim diameter.
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 30 (29", 66#)
    29.5" Easton Hexx 400
    100 Gr. Ulmer's Edge

    2010 200 Point Club (230")
    2012 Largest shed contest winner

  10. #10
    tynimiller's Avatar
    tynimiller is online now Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    6,469
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by englum_06 View Post
    That axis arrows are heavier, about 1 GPI. I was shooting a 29" gold tip expedition 5575 with a slick trick 100. Then switched to the axis 400 at 29.5" with a 100 gr slick trick. So with the extra GPI I gained roughly 30 grains. The shafts have an almost slick finish to them where the gold tips were rough, and they are super slim diameter.
    Okay makes sense now...that extra weight is going to pack a better punch and I bet that's where most of the penetration came from with a slight bit coming from the "smooth" and thin design. I'm going to a tougher spine and overall heavier arrow this year and can't wait to see how much better penetration I'll get.
    The Deer Alarm...an interesting article on re-examining how deer "think" and react.

    www.smallacrehunting.com
    Site based on spreading experiences and knowledge that any hunter can learn from....not too mention I try to have as many giveaways as I can afford!


    Yes I lost to the Kansas boys...

  11. #11
    Sticknstringarchery's Avatar
    Sticknstringarchery is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    China Grove, NC
    Posts
    4,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tynimiller View Post
    Okay makes sense now...that extra weight is going to pack a better punch and I bet that's where most of the penetration came from with a slight bit coming from the "smooth" and thin design. I'm going to a tougher spine and overall heavier arrow this year and can't wait to see how much better penetration I'll get.
    Not so sure it is the weight as much as the diameter and finish. I have Beman ICS speeds and I have Easton Axis N-Fused. My Easton's are heavier but shorter. They have lighter inserts and Blazers which are lighter than my NAP QuickFletch. They weigh a few grains less than my Beman ICS Speeds yet the Axis still penetrate a couple inches farther every time. They shoot tighter groups as well. It may be due to them being shorter so they are more ridged but, not sure. I need to put NAP QuickFletch on the Axis and see what happens.
    TEAM KILL!!!!!!

    Walk-On Archery National Pro Staff Coordinator

    Hunting Rig:
    2014 Ben Pearson Stealth 2
    Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit
    Viper V1000XL 5 pin sight
    Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
    Rage Chisel Tip 2 Blade
    Hot Shot Vapor Release

  12. #12
    tetzbla is offline Junior Member Newb
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like
    personally i use rage

  13. #13
    ultramax's Avatar
    ultramax is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    ....north Mo
    Posts
    2,811
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jporteous View Post
    Im looking to switch to a different arrow. Been shooting Carbon Express' for bit but want to change it up. What do you guys think about these two choices...

    Victory Archery VForce HV Arrows

    vs

    Easton FlatLine SuperLite Arrows

    I dont think there is such thing as a bad arrow made anymore.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •