Mathews EZ7 price ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by frantic29, Feb 17, 2012.

1. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Went shooting bows again today. Went in they had some leftover EZ7s. Hadn't shot one so I thought what the hell. Well I really liked it. I had kind of ruled out Mathews bows because when I shot an Extreme here a while back the 30" draw was just didn't sit right. At the time I thought it was the DL that was too short but after shooting the EZ7 I think it was the ATA that made the big difference. The EZ7 settled in very nicely at 30" and really just blew the extreme and most everything else out of the water in every aspect except speed which I couldn't really care less about. Just to be sure I ran some arrows through a Z7X and a Z9. Same issues as last time. The PSE Vendetta is the only bow that still keeps up with it for me. Well we started talking price and I knew this was a 2011 model discontinued bow and they still wanted the full $849 price tag on it. Just wondering if you guys think this is too much for this bow or not?

2. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, that is quite a bit for last years model even tho it's brand new. I'd hold off for a little bit and check out the used market for ez7's. A lot of guys get new bows every year and sell last years model. If you don't mind shooting a bow someone else used for 1 year it's a great way to get an almost new bow for a great price.

By the way, I'm keeping my ez7 for at least another year. I like mine too.

3. InnerX CBS

InnerX CBS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes that is too much... Even last year we were selling them at $769 brand new, and that was when they were the new thing to have. I would not even look at a new discontinued bow like that one unless they would be willing to haggle some. I will haggle on any one of the bows customers want to haggle on. I would go back and offer him $700-750 for it and he should take it. It is not making any money sitting on the shelf for him.

4. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    The owner of the store wasn't there and I doubt he gives his guys a lot of wiggle room when he is not around. I know him and I think he would shoot me a better price. I was thinking about offering around $725 for the bow just to see what happens. I also want the Focus grip instead of the stock grip so I may offer 800 grip included.

5. InnerX CBS

InnerX CBS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure about the prices in your area but around here 800 with the focus for that bow is extremely high. I'm selling the Heli-m at $799 and the focus grip at $45, just to give you an idea. Remember to offer something a little lower than what you are expecting because more than likely no matter what he is going to counter offer.

6. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    With all the prices he told me on Mathews bows they basically sound like they do $100 off the MSRP. I talked to my friend that bought a Z7X from them last year and he said they wanted $899 for the EZ at that time. They quoted me $59.99 on the focus grip. I think tomorrow I am going to call around the shops in KC, Manhattan, and Emporia and see what they charge to get a better base line for what stuff goes for in my area. I'm a terrible haggler. Thanks for the advice.

7. okdeerhunter

okdeerhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I say its time to find a new shop there asking more for a lastyear model an most people charge for this years would hate to see what they even want for a monster the price tags you threw out are 100-200 more then any shop charges around here

8. Sweats

Sweats Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just happened to be looking for a eZ7 too, except I'm looking for a 60lb/30". I've been doing the same thing calling all the dealers with 250 miles of KC and I've found a few 70lb eZ7. You guys have any leads on a 60lb/30" eZ7?

9. bone8collector

bone8collector Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I own a Ez7 and also work in an archery shop, the Ez7 is by far the best bow I've ever shot. About that price, yeah its a little high considering were selling our last two mathews at $699.99 and $799.99 just to get rid of them, but also remember we really don't make much on each bow, and the people out there that work at archery shops know this, most people think were making a killing off them, but our cost on these bows really leaves us no room to work with people. Thats why this business is so hard to make it in, archery shops fail more then succeed. When you go to your local shops, look at there overhead, employees, bows, equipment, and think how much it cost to run that business when your making close to nothing on these bows. Luckily we do things right at our shop to keep things going year around, we are a big gun dealer, Archery, lots of fishing, and apparel. Get the Ez7 you won't be disappointed smoothest bow out there.

10. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went and shot the EZ7, PSE Vendetta, and Hoyt Rampage XT again on Saturday. Shot the EZ7 then went to the next shop and shot the Vendetta and Hoyt as quickly as I could so I would really have it fresh in my mind These were my top 3. I decided to go with the Vendetta. It was just a better fit for me. I'm 6'6" and I think the 34" ATA lets me settle in better and this bow holds better and is better on the shot than anything else I found. I do have to wait 3-4 weeks to get my bow though. I wanted the Black riser with the camo limbs so he is going to have to order that. Thanks for your guys input.