JakeEmche is offline Junior Member Newb
    Post Thanks / Like

Mission Venture vs Bowtech Assassin

Looking to get a new bow, but not looking to spend lots of money. Both seem like great bows and both are in my price range. I am going to shoot both. I was wondering if anyone has shot either the venture or the assassin? And if you have shot the Assassin, how are the accessories that come in the R.A.K. package?
    Thanks
    Jake Emche
    Mission ux2
    27 1/2" 60#
    100 gr 3 blade blood runner broadheads and 100 grain rage 2 blade
    Gold tip expedition hunters
    Alpine quiver
    Truglo sight
    ......in search of swamp donkeys

getting a new bow soon.

Eastern Shore of Maryland

Sticknstringarchery is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have shot the Assassin and some of the other Missions and if I were going to choose, It would be the Assassin. The only thing I would change would be the rest. Don't get me wrong though, it is 100% capable. Its a good all around package.
    TEAM KILL!!!!!!

Hunting Rig:
    2014 Ben Pearson Stealth 2
    Walk-On Archery Pro Staff Coordinator
    Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit
    Viper V1000XL 5 pin sight
    Black Eagle Carnivore Arrows
    Rage Chisel Tip 2 Blade

firefighter bowhunter is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticknstringarchery View Post
    I have shot the Assassin and some of the other Missions and if I were going to choose, It would be the Assassin. The only thing I would change would be the rest. Don't get me wrong though, it is 100% capable. Its a good all around package.
    Stick it seems like you will side with anything that is not a Mathews Product! Is there a specific reason you are so against Mathews? You have you likes which is cool, just like I do (Which I like Mathews) LOl I was just wondering what is so bad in you thoughts about them?

But off that subject. I have shot the Venture but not the Assassin. I would say shoot both as much as you can and make the call on what feels right for you! We all have different things we like in bows.
    Hunting is my idea of a good time!

Mathews Helim 29DL @65LBS
    Quad Ultra HDX Rest
    HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra
    Easton FMJ 340 Arrows
    Grim Reaper Whitetail Special Broad heads
    NAP APACHE STABILIZER

Chris

vitalzone is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like

my pick is the assassin

I just purchased the assassin after shooting many bows including the Venture. I picked the assassin because of the
    solid wall at full draw and shock free results of the shot. The accessories are very capable but I have switched out the stabalizer and quiver. The stabalizer that came with the bow seemed to light and the quiver was cumbersome to detach. I will probably change out the rest once the brushes wear out. Hope this helps.

ultramax is offline Senior Member Die Hard Bowhunter
    Post Thanks / Like
    op have you looked at the Bear bows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter bowhunter View Post
    Stick it seems like you will side with anything that is not a Mathews Product! Is there a specific reason you are so against Mathews? You have you likes which is cool, just like I do (Which I like Mathews) LOl I was just wondering what is so bad in you thoughts about them?

But off that subject. I have shot the Venture but not the Assassin. I would say shoot both as much as you can and make the call on what feels right for you! We all have different things we like in bows.
    Its not that I don't like Mathews. I just haven't shot a Mathews or Mission that I like yet. Most of the bows that have been compared have shot better in my opinion. Like this comparison. Seriously though, I liked the Maniac and for the price, you can't beat the Craze. I personally don't like the draw cycle on any of the Mathews Solocams. I haven't shot nor have I even seen a dealer carry the MR series binary cam set ups. The biggest thing I do not like is the grip on Mathew's. Most of them have OK draw cycle in my opinion except the new HeliM. There wasn't a thing I liked about that bow. Well, maybe the weight but, that's it.

Its all about the over all shooting experience to me. You'll be hard pressed to find many archers that like Hoyt and also like Mathews and vise versa. They have two completely different feels. Most of the time, if a person likes one, they don't like the other. I still think Mathews makes a great bow, I just don't like the way they feel.
    Last edited by Sticknstringarchery; 02-08-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    TEAM KILL!!!!!!

Hunting Rig:
    Rage Chisel Tip 2 Blade

firefighter bowhunter is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticknstringarchery View Post
    Its not that I don't like Mathews. I just haven't shot a Mathews or Mission that I like yet. Most of the bows that have been compared have shot better in my opinion. Like this comparison. Seriously though, I liked the Maniac and for the price, you can't beat the Craze. I personally don't like the draw cycle on any of the Mathews Solocams. I haven't shot nor have I even seen a dealer carry the MR series binary cam set ups. The biggest thing I do not like is the grip on Mathew's. Most of them have OK draw cycle in my opinion except the new HeliM. There wasn't a thing I liked about that bow. Well, maybe the weight but, that's it.

Its all about the over all shooting experience to me. You'll be hard pressed to find many archers that like Hoyt and also like Mathews and vise versa. They have two completely different feels. Most of the time, if a person likes one, they don't like the other. I still think Mathews makes a great bow, I just don't like the way they feel.
    See that's the great thing is there is so much variety out there so we can find one that we like and not just settle for something close. For example I personally really like the Helim and you don't. Oh and by no means was I knocking you for not liking them. I was just curious about why.
    Hunting is my idea of a good time!

Mathews Helim 29DL @65LBS
    Quad Ultra HDX Rest
    HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra
    Easton FMJ 340 Arrows
    Grim Reaper Whitetail Special Broad heads
    NAP APACHE STABILIZER

Chris

tynimiller is offline Senior Member Grizzled Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I shoot the Venture and can only comment on it. For the money I'd be really tough to convince you can get just as much bow elsewhere for the price tag.

Now that said, the Assassin is a solid bow from what I know...and like everyone should admit, "Shoot all bows you're considering and choose what feels best to you and is within your price range." *Either of your choices will kill deer no problem at all.
    The Deer Alarm...an interesting article on re-examining how deer "think" and react.

www.smallacrehunting.com
    Site based on spreading experiences and knowledge that any hunter can learn from....not too mention I try to have as many giveaways as I can afford!

Yes I lost to the Kansas boys...

Scljrl is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    You won't go wrong with either one. I shoot Bowtech, my son shoots a Mission. It's a house divided, if you know what I mean. Lots of one-up-manship.
    Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out into the field and take me some wild game.
    Gen 27:3

Bowtech Invasion
    Smackdown
    Amortech
    Doinker
    Alpine
    Truball
    G5 Montec CS
    Rage 2 blade
    Goldtip Pro's

rtaylor is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like everyone always says shoot both pick the one that feels best. That being said I shoot an Assassin and it is a great bow. Everything I am looking for. The R.A.K stuff is ok. The apex sight works fine, but traded mine for a Cobra 5 pin. Really don't need a stabilizer but I put on a X-Coil. Hostage rest functionally is fine but the bottom brush wears fairly quickly but the replacements are very cheap (using a rip cord). My buddy left all the R.A.K stuff on and out shoots me every weekend. Good luck.

abates352 is offline Senior Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the bowtech assassin.
    Diamond Iceman
    Drop Zone
    Easton Axis
    NAP Killzone

whitetailbowhunter is offline Member Weekend Warrior
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I have the Bowtech Assassin and have been very happy with it.
    The R.A.K. package items seem to be very good quality. I like the quiver alot and the sight is good and pretty much all that is needed for a beginner. I had the same choice whether to go with the mission or Assassin. I am very happy with my choice.

Good Luck

Pro V1 is offline Senior Member Semi-Hardcore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I currently shoot a mission maniac & have zero complaints about it. I have killed numerous deer with it and mission is a great entry/mid level bow. I'm currently shopping for a new bow since the draw length on my mission is a "little" short for me.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL
    QAD Ultrarest HDX
    Spot-Hogg Real Deal
    Tight Spot quiver
    Octane Hunter stabilizer
    Beman ICS Pro hunters
    NAP kill zone COC 100grn.
    2012 TEAM 5 "The Heartbreakers"
    2013 TEAM 4 "The Heart Stoppers"
    2014 TEAM 12 "Backstrap Brothers"
    2014 TEAM Midwest "pick em & stick em"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by firefighter bowhunter View Post
    See that's the great thing is there is so much variety out there so we can find one that we like and not just settle for something close. For example I personally really like the Helim and you don't. Oh and by no means was I knocking you for not liking them. I was just curious about why.
    I understand and was actually impressed at the way you went about asking. That is the great thing about this sport.
    TEAM KILL!!!!!!

Hunting Rig:
    Rage Chisel Tip 2 Blade