Prime Bows

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Skywalker, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone had any experience w. the Prime Bows by G5? I had a chance to get my hands on one at a local sports show and really liked it. Didn't get to shoot it, but was able to draw it back. It's a good looking bow too. I was looking at the Centroid. The cams on it are completely different than anything I've seen. The dealer also said you get a new set of strings every 3 years.

2. UPbowhunter

UPbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im a hoyt guy but them bows are sweet.

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have looked at them and held them and really liked how they look. I have yet to shoot one though. I need too since my shop carries them. I like the concept of the dual track cam and the fact that they cannot have cam lean. I really like the concept the engineers came up with. They haven't taken off here though. I think he still has 4 of the 6 on the hangers that he ordered last year. The owner says they are really nice shooters as well.

4. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Prime wasn't available at the time I purchased my Primal. The Prime and the Primal are designed on the same cam work. It's a great shooting bow. As with the Primal they come in four basic design coloration.

What's really catching is the color coordination's. Far as shooting great man it's a beast. Like the Prime and the Matrix you will be on target.

5. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am shopping for a new Bow and got to shoot the Prime Centroid. The longer A-A model.
    I am very new to archery but am shooting as many bows as I can before I purchase. So far, this bow is the nicest to shoot, very smooth and a very solid wall. Feels simlar to the Quest Primal which is the second best I've shot thus far. Waiting to shoot the new bowtech Insanity. Liked the Invasion too.

6. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Just currious as to if you have tried the Hoyt Carbon Element? If so what were your thoughts?

7. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think they shoot really nicely, but I found them to be a lot louder of a bow than any of the other big brands.

Honestly, I'd never buy one. If I was trying to stay in the same price range and shoot a less mainstream brand, I'd take a look at the Ross bows too. I think they're a better investment.

8. NCcrittergitter

NCcrittergitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My thought was, it's to expensive. I make it a point not to run over my equipment, so the price isn't justified to me.

9. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I was just asking about the quality of the shooting of the bow not price. I agree, it is an expensive bow and most wouldn't justify it. I personally did. lol My wanting it had nothing to do with it being able to be ran over by a truck either. It was due to, in my opinion, no other bow comparing when it came to the experience of the shot. I found no other bow to be as quiet, as smooth, as solid and vibration free when shot.

10. UPbowhunter

UPbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    G5 makes ross' bows!

11. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:

I don't believe that is true anymore. Ross is back, and under new management.

12. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    There was once a time when nobody had heard of Bowtech either, but now they are mainstream.

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the fit/ finish of the Prime Bows, just recently shot a couple models and I was impressed....its on my list for a next/ new one year old bow..lol
    For that matter Quest also seem like a hell of the bow for the money...

14. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got to shoot a couple of Hoyts, but to be honest, I don't remember which models as they did not feel as good as the primal or the Centroid. Don't know how to describe it accurately. Like the bow felt top heavy or something. Again, that was just my take on it. I would surely suggest that shoppers try one for themselves rather than taking my word for it.

15. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Could have sworn Ross broke off with them and is on his own now.

16. The Amatuer

The Amatuer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Jeff Fisher use to do a lot of commercials for Ross Bow's in the Stadium when coached the Titans and did several hunts with them on the Outdoor Channel. I also think Jeff fisher was part owner of Ross Bows.