Rut Activity in Central Illinois!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by dawg007, Nov 9, 2011.

1. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I went hunting today in the nasty weather that we had here in Central Illlinois. I did not see one deer from stand. I left out and then drove around the corner to see a shooter buck and a doe bedded together with a small buck bedded about 70 yards away. I tried to sneak up on the buck but was busted by the doe. So I whipped out the camera and went to town while I walked towards them. This is the first video that I got of the big fella and then the pictures are from today around 10 am.

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu65/dawg007/Trail Camera Videos/?action=view&current=060.mp4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you all think? This is my first time catching some action like this let alone seeing it happen!

2. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool man!

I had a very nice buck breeding a doe this afternoon. First time I had witnessed it too.

3. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, the rut is on in central IL!! Good time for a vacation. Today was first day of vacation, one buck down. Tomorrow should be an even better day. Colder and less windy. Can't wait.

4. hugger73hatch

hugger73hatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. Saltysakz

Saltysakz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome pics! I'm heading out tomorrow in NE IL. Supposed to be cold and less windy.

6. Mo_bowhnter

Mo_bowhnter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man, that is a sweet compilation of photos.

7. cubs204

cubs204 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cool photos!! It is definitely popping off. I saw 11 deer today, 9 of which were bucks

8. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for posting those pics. That was cool to see.

9. ddoran1000

ddoran1000 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry but the pics show brite sunny bluebird skies in the background behind the trees. I can't see deer stopping to breed after you are busted and switch to a camera. knowing the weather front that moved through today those pics are not from today.
    SORRY BUSTED TWICE IN ONE DAY. Nice pics though

10. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why should I lie! Those pics are from today and if you where here with me now I will show you them and the date on my camera. The sun did peak out for a few today and yes it rained like crazy off and on. I sat in it and will be back at it tomorrow. If you knew me like some of the people on here do they know I dont make things up. If you look closer at the background through the trees those are not bluebird skies. That is darker than that.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  11. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with ya dawg!!! The sun did come out for a bit today. Had to break out the sunglasses at the fd here in central il!!! Anyway, dude!!! That's a heck of a day for ya! Even if you didn't see any deer from the stand...good luck tomorrow...I'm leaving work early and heading out as well.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

12. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    dont know where you are in central Illinois but id say the pictures very well could be today.
    Im in central Illinois and it was cloudy and misty parts of the day. Later the sun was out and it was dark off to the east....guess when the front moved through. Not to mention it looks like the grass is blowing prety good in the pictures just like it should be with todays wind.

13. DrawBackBowhunting

DrawBackBowhunting Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You sound like a ******

14. DrawBackBowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Let's try that again.. Find the word, it's camouflage aaaDaaOaaUaaCaaHaaEaa

15. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To be exact I am in Livingston County! It was a really nasty day. I was wet from the rain so I got down due to the wind finally having its power over me being wet. I wanted to sit until 12 get down for lunch then back up but it did not work out that way. LOL Will try again today but looks a lot nicer. Thanks for all the comments all!

16. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Those are great pictures. Some of the best I've ever seen. Not many people get to ever see that much less get pictures of it. Good job.

17. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I know Steve personally and this is not something he would make up. I got a phone call from him earlier in the Day him excited about the pics he had just got and how it went down! He sent them to me on E-mail even before he posted it here! Steve is a very stand up guy, this is the real deal friend! Steve also has a very nice camera set up, I have had it in my hands! Even if it was gloomier than the pic makes it look a good Camera will actually gather light and brighten things up. I know this cause I have one also! Thanks for posting Steve, there awesome!

18. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Dan! I did not see a single deer this morning! I also talked to the farmer that owns that field on the way out and he said that the buck has been in that field for the past 4 nights running does. I and just around the corner from him so I hope that the buck will pass me again this season. I can not hunt that property because his family hunts it but he said as soon as they stop hunting it I am in. That is one of my shed hunting spots though!

19. DrawBackBowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I got your back to dawg!

20. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks buddy! I just wish I could of got him with my bow instead of the camera but I knew my odds of getting him in a harvested bean field was going to be slim but had to try. The wind was right and everything so I took camera too just in case it did not work. That is when I caught a sight I have never seen. It was really cool to watch. I was still a distance away from them when they did this but as Bloodcrick is saying I have some good stuff in my camera equipment. Here is a photo that was not zoomed in all the way. I have a 75-300 zoom with a 2X adapter on it to make it out to 600 mm.

[​IMG]

Here is zoomed in one!

[​IMG]