primos scarface decoy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by dmen, Jan 19, 2010.

1. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone here used this, if so what results have you had,they are on sale at our wally worls for 74 bucks. I would probably never use it at home, but for my trip to kansas this coming season it seems it could come in handy.

2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd buy it and give it a shot. I am a big proponent of decoys due to my own success with them but I don't think you will be disappointed if you use it correctly.

3. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I actually think that's one of the better-looking dekes on the market, and if I didn't already own a Carry-Lite I'd probably be heading to my own local Wally World to see if they had any at that price.

4. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There was one at the ATA show that had hair! :eek:

5. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use it and love it, We even videoed Steves kill this year while useing it.. I would go get it for that price!!

6. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one and used it a couple of times this year. I didn't have any deer come into it, but none saw it either. I'm still learning how to effectively use decoys and will have to adjust my stand set ups to get the deke on the crest in the fields while still playing the wind. I like the Scarface decoy though, easy to pack and set up. I wish I could get one for $74, I paid almost $50 more for mine and that was on sale.:(

Harry has been out for a while. I just wonder how much scent that thing would hold.

7. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, and for the price of it you could prolly rent a live doe in heat from a deer farm and just tie her up out there.:D

8. jmbuckhunter

jmbuckhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got one for Christmas. I set it up out in my food plot a couple of weeks ago like it was eating corn from the stalk. Had some does 70 yards away look but didn't come over to investigate. But they didn't spook either.

Planning on trying it for the rut next year.

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd even try it before the rut. I've had deer just look at it and I've had does and bucks come into mine. I've never had deer spook (that I know of). I'd say 50% of the time I see deer and they see the decoy they come to check it out. Some stay 100 yards away and some come right up to it and sniff it. I figure those are deer I probably would not of had a chance at if I didn't have a decoy up.