Show suggestion

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Hillbilly Jedi, May 23, 2016.

1. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think it would be cool when you do the trophy photos on the show to mention what state the animal was harvested in. Might actually get some areas people don't realize produce some quality animals.

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think they have had text on the bottom of the photos in the past saying what state when the information is provided.

3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Makes sense people need to provide them the info. Thanks Fitz!

4. Z2TL66

Z2TL66 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to see more of what calls,scents and flashlights for blood trailing. Been out of the game for awhile

5. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Always a great show and getting better all the time. If improvements could be made, I would like to see more diversity as well as content on cooking of wild game as well as processing techniques.
    T

6. hoyt05

hoyt05 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I think what would really help is if you guys had a podcast once a week. Just open talk about deer hunting. Maybe take some phone calls, reach out to guys like Dan Infalt etc....

Myself and I know a lot of people would enjoy stuff like that. Especially during the off season.

7. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am new to this website, but far from new to bowhunting or internet hunting sites. Just watched two episodes of Bowhunt or Die yesterday with my son-in-law and was not overwhelmed by all the talking. The panel segment at the beginning before actual hunts got started almost resulted in a "x" on the close button. Then on another "hunt" the fellow sat in a blind and talked for at least 10 minutes with just a few side clips of deer or hunting action. Maybe I am spoiled by seasons of "Heartland Bowhunter" but there is simply too much chatter for this bowhunter. As the NIKE ads say, "JUST DO IT!"

8. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought it would be kinda neat every once in a while to use Siri or another text to voice software and see if it can beat Todd :evilgrin:

9. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's kind of what this show/forum is about. Helping others realize WHY they do what they do, not just doing it to get a kill shot for video.

10. Huntnfishdaily

Huntnfishdaily Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I too would love a podcast, I spend alot of time in my truck commuting to and from work and school, as well as time spent in the work Truck. I'm sure many others can agree the same old radio songs get old fast. I'd love to listen to guys from the prostaff talk about hunting or even other outdoor activities and news.

11. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am on the other side of this opinion. This is the best show that I have found. Since the invention of the internet one could if they so please watch a endless parade of killshots. What the guys do at BHOD is represent "me" ( everyday obsessed bowhunter ). Over the progression of the past seasons it's the best of both worlds as I get my FIX watching people hunt,as well as getting to know and rooting for different pro staff members. I have my favorite and some that don't do much for me. But all in all laughing at Justin for his buckless streak was in some ways just as enjoyable as watching Todd shoot or at least film a monster everyday . I love seeing that they mess up( like we all do) they fill their freezers, they rag on each other. And for me the most important part is they show pro staff hunts and Critic each one. Let's not forget they give us damn near year round shows and it can't be 60 mins of 45 second bursts of kill and recovery. I've been working at my craft for years and just when i got "good" these guys made me step it up and begin self filming. It gave me a huge appreciation for what they do. Just my thoughts

12. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very well said.

13. alaska at heart

Dislikes Received:
    Don't get me wrong.....I am not a "blood and guts" type of person that wants 30 minutes of carnage. The reason I appreciate "Heartland Bowhunter" so much is that they include some great footage of nature and personal interaction with their teams. There are hunts where they don't kill something and have shown pre-season food plot development which was about preparing for the upcoming season. However my son-in-law and I were both surprised at the amount of talking and product promotion. If you are seeking only positive feedback and kudos, I will stop now......

14. BuffaloBill

BuffaloBill Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like there should be some talking between clips. Not some loop of footage without any context given to what is going to be shown. Product promotion is probably necessary. I doubt they sell enough shirts and hats to keep things running. It's still better than commercials. It's free content so I'm not complaining.

15. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a pro staff or Mod. I was simply stating my opinion in response to yours of the show. Both are valid, and forums are the perfect place to state your case. In the beginning all the guys rocked it with no sponsors. I agree it was cooler seeing mismatched camo and each guy using a different bow. But...I know if I was offered a deal from Mathews or scent locker you would think I was a billboard cuz I would rock that sh!T with a smile on my sell out face I don't mind it much. It's a business. If any staff is following this post please know that you have strayed away from one thing does bug me. Classing bucks. First few seasons you could hear Justin say.... Next week another 150 is on the ground and now numbers are a rarity. And remember... Every minute spent taking hunting is 1000 times better than having to think about the election!

16. alaska at heart

Dislikes Received:
    Well stated and factual for the genre of online production we are discussing. Sponsors obviously want to keep their name in front of hunters, but the risk is turning a solid production into an infomercial. Who can even read the name "Swacker" without seeing the face of ol' Hank Parker raving in his southern drawl. How about big time wrestler, Brock Lesner, punching faux scent molecules for a cover scent company...... 8^/ My point is that I saw some good reviews of this show on a couple other hunting websites and came into it with high expectations that were not realized. I don't listen to NPR due to the endless chatter either.....but I am glad you like this production.

17. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How bout some pig hunts

18. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like HB a lot too. I find it a little humorous you like their show when they film a lot of loading trucks, driving, buying licenses, etc. Not much different really. But that's cool, we all like different things and that is why we have options. Just because I like it does not mean you need to.

19. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I understand they have sponsors and such, but it seems like the show this year is getting more commercialized than in previous years. I liked watching the shows without the commercials and this year with the tips is great I think, though I'm not really liking the commercials.

20. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really am amazed at how much better BHOD has gotten over the years, and I have learned a ton from watching the show, both about hunting and filming/editing, as well as being entertained. I look forward to all of the BHOD episodes and have even gotten my girlfriend hooked on them (this will be her first year bowhunting). The one thing I would like to see is a little more diversity in terms of where the guys are hunting. Not that I expect Todd or Justin to leave the best hunting in the country to go hunt in Florida or something, but I think strategies and hunting styles are so different all over the country and I want to see how other guys are getting it done. Personally, I think the hunting we do in NY is so different, and it changes from at a county level, state level, region level, etc...Keep up everything you guys are doing, if there was an episode every day I would watch it!