Public Land Food Plots

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Dashua18, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was doing some BHoD catch up and just watched Season 7 Episode 8 and got to the segment with Josh Fletcher. He was putting in some food plots on public land and it got me to thinking, what's to stop some random Joe from hunting his foot plot on public land? Is that just a risk you take when doing that? To me it seems like he's putting all the effort and someone could easily just hunt that spot. Seems like a big gamble to me.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The food plots are on private land. He hunts both public and private.

In most, if not all, public hunting lands it is illegal to plant food plots.

3. Dashua18

Dashua18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok. i must have missed the part when he said he was on private land. I thought it was weird to put plots on public land. :bash:

4. joshfletcher

joshfletcher BHOD ProStaff

Dislikes Received:
    The food plot segment is on private land that i lease for my daughter to hunt. Its about 85 acres but only a very small portion of it is huntable. Its a fun property to play with and experiment on. It also gives my daughter an easy access spot for her and allows her some better odds of seing deer. Shes on her second year of bowhunting and am excited more for her season than mine! In wisconsin you are not allowed to alter or plant anything on public lands.