Justin's Filming Equipment Segment

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by TwoBucks, Nov 14, 2016.

1. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So Justin did a great job IMO of showing how he brings his filming gear out to the stand, but one question I had is where do you put all your hunting related gear? Grunt tube, rattling antlers or bag, wind checker, water, snacks etc.? Do you use the same badlands pack for that? Curious for anyone who self films and has a system they like, not just Justins.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the same pack JZ does. I really like it, but do wish it was like 10% larger in the main compartment. It's still the best setup going IMO for a self filmer though.

The pack comes with a couple of compartment dividers you can use to customize the main storage area. I split the space in half. Top half is hunting stuff like a spare bow arm, couple spare gear hooks, bow rope, flashlight, knife, and my gopro w/ Muddy Micro mount. Bottom half is where I keep snacks, 5 hour energy, and a water bottle.

The side pockets work well too for items that don't get used often. They can be a bit difficult to zip closed so I tend to use them only for those things that don't get used often. I keep a spare release, extra carabiners, linesman strap, universal battery charging pack + cable, Wicked saw, etc in these.

The top camera compartment I keep a wind screen, Rode VideoMic, Muddy Silent Strap, and my G30. It's snug but works well.

My spare jacket, camera arm, and rattling antlers get lashed to the outside of the pack.

Overall it's a great setup, I'm very happy with mine. It's a bit tight for an all day sit, but for the normal 3-5 hour sits we do most of the year it's perfect.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  3. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I may have to get one of those packs next year! Along with a fourt arrow arm, new fuild head and new lanc controller... Oh how the dollars add up!

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I honestly don't carry much "hunting equipment" into the field with me. IMO you don't need or ever use 80% of it. I used to carry enough stuff to outfit a team of people for a week. Nowadays I take the bare essentials and don't have an issue.

Inside the main compartment of the pack there's a divider that gives you a good amount of space. I keep my grunt tube, head lamp, Wicked saw, rangefinder and other misc small items in there. There's 2 zipped pockets on the sides that hold extra release, extra carabiner, some spare batteries, etc. On the outside of the pack are two drink holder type pockets I used for a bow holder, can of Tink's hot shot and a bottle of water. If I carry rattling antlers they get strapped on the outside using the same straps as the camera arm. If I need to carry a jacket they get lashed on the bottom of the pack with 2 straps.

I agree with Matt I wish the pack was a "little" larger, but all in all it works great. Also, I wear the HSS Elite Vest and that thing is full of pockets. I typically carry my gloves, head cover, release, and wind checker in that vest at all times.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. Wayne/MO

Wayne/MO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Where can I watch this segment? I must have missed it?

6. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was at the end of the show.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. Wayne/MO

Wayne/MO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok thank you, I must have cut the show off short.