BHOD Review ScentLok Clothing - Mid-Late Season

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by ruteger, Nov 15, 2016.

1. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'll say I've hunted in my Full Season suit in temps down into the 20's without an issue - provided you have proper layering and it's not terribly windy or raining/snowing. For 95% of my hunts that's my go-to system.

When things get nasty the Covert Deluxe has really done me well. Very warm fleece and wind proof. It's not terribly thick so you still need to layer up, but it is quiet and does a nice job of protecting you from the wind and light rain. If I get out in the nasty weather we have coming this weekend that's likely what I'll be wearing.

Now the Cold Blooded did peak my interest, I just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$ when I already own the Covert Deluxe. However I think if I had a choice between the two I'd go Cold Blooded. I love the idea of the removable vest and it's waterproof, which the Covert is not. I think the Cold Blooded is a bit more versatile, although the material isn't as quiet as fleece. Although for the times when I would need it (rain, sleet, windy) having something that's dead silent isn't as big of an issue.

I may still pick up the Cold Blooded jacket/vest before the season is over and combo it with the Covert pants I already own. Just need to find a way to hide it from the wife. :)

3. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I concur with everything Justin said. I honestly with thickest baseslayers they offer can wear those and with my uninsulated Legacy pants even and get through half day sits down into the 40s.

One of my go to things is their Legacy Vortex Windproof fleece vest for when it gets colder. Gets core temp down but doesn't restrict my arms at all.

4. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

5. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    They do have a couple lightweight coveralls still available in the closeout or legacy locker last I looked. I may nab a set...I do agree bibs add that lower back draft fighting by design that pants cannot.

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I would LOVE if ScentLok came out with a nice set of bibs. I'm not an overall fan but I'd hunt in bibs 100% of the time when it's below 50 degrees if I could. Bibs + hoodie is the best combo for bowhunting IMO.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Yup...Native Species which was like a generic off shoot venture they did (think Mission and Mathews) years back (no scent precautions) they had bibs and I grabbed a pair, best decision ever! Love those things when the weather goes slightly colder than I want to layer up a lot.

8. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

9. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This year I picked up the Head Hunter Storm Jacket and Pants. I have to say, I really like it so far. This weekend it was in the 30's - 40's and it did well. I had a smartwool base layer on bottom and had a smartwool and fleece pullover up top. I think if I had just another top layer (vest maybe) it would be perfect.

Clothing is super quiet as well. I am happy thus far.

10. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Keep an eye out they usually have really nice black friday deals.

11. Huntnfishdaily

Huntnfishdaily Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Scentlok does have coveralls and bibs at ****s...I've never been able to find them on the scentlok website or at bass pro or cabelas or other large outfitting stores, so I'm not sure how it stands up to their other stuff it seems to be older technology but it's the scentlok prevent series, insulated and warm and also quiet for a good price

ScentLok Men's Prevent Waterproof Insulated Coveralls | ****'S Sporting Goods

12. Jeremy/PA

Jeremy/PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    When I was researching Scent Lok last year, I searched a set they had at ****'s (maverick maybe?) and it's a ****'s exclusive.

13. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received: