? for Justin- Black Eagle Arrows

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by sig239, Sep 15, 2016.

1. sig239

sig239 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just saw the arrow sponsor change yesterday. Justin which arrows will you be shooting this season and why? I know you like the heavier arrow after shooting the pile drivers. What will Todd be going with? Give us the low down on the Black Eagle line up. Good luck this season!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a great move, BEA has super line up right now.

4. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been with BEA 3 years now, if you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well this is one of those things that just kind of happened out of the blue and our entire team is very excited to get up and running with the Black Eagles before we get too far into our seasons.

For me personally I was already setup and dialed in shooting Maxima BLU RZ's with 50 grains of additional weight up front which brought me to just over 440 grains. Since I'm headed to Wisconsin this weekend and don't have time to redo my full setup I elected to go with the Zombie Slayers also with the extra 50 grains of weight which clock in at 438 total finished weight. I've shot them a little last night and plan to do so more today and tomorrow. So far they're hitting perfectly with my current sight tape which is what I wanted. I'm ready to kill this weekend.

With that said I have a dozen Rampages on order as I do prefer a thinner diameter arrow purely for penetration reasons. I'll be experimenting with the BEA stainless half-in/half-outserts that they come with along with some Firenock Aeroinserts and possibly even looking at HIT inserts for them as well since they have a .204" I.D. I've read good things about all 3 options so I'll be interested to tinker with them and see how they perform. My goal is to end up somewhere in the 440-450 grain finished arrow weight. I really feel like that's a good spot for anyone shooting 65-70 lbs and big mechanical broadheads.

Last year I shot a 500-ish grain arrow and it performed great, I just think it may have been a little overkill for whitetails. I'm backing it down to pick up a little extra speed from the Halon while hoping to maintain good penetration.

The owner of Lancaster Archery (Rob) shoots Rampages and when it comes to archery this guy knows his stuff. He just killed a big Colorado elk with them yesterday. So if they're good enough for a guy who can literally shoot any arrow in the world that he wants, and knows what's good and what isn't, they're good enough for this guy.

6. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I'm planning to copy JZ. Like always.

copperhead likes this.
  7. jimmy102

jimmy102 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been with Black Eagle for several years and have shot most of what they offer but my favs without a doubt are the Deep Impacts.

8. deerhuntinsunof

deerhuntinsunof Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Black eagles are the best out there in my opinion. Just if the outserts don't suit you look at the brass hit inserts that's what I shoot in my rampages

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

9. timcon

timcon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a dozen on order :)

10. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a field staff member with BEA and my pro staff is co-op with them absolutely love the deep impacts

11. myot

myot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    love my rampages
    I shoot 300 spine rampages out of my nocam maxed out at #72
    little tip: I tap out the rear of the stainless outsert and use locktite to screw in a field point backwards then cut it off at the point it wont fit in the shaft any longer this gives me an extra 32grns upfront
    so with a 125grn slicktrick, arrow wrap, 4' flexfletch and a nocturnal I have a finished weight of 496grns

Dan

12. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i went to the part of the page where it breaks down what gear justin and todd use to check see what youre doing new arrow wise.
    Appears still rocking the CX arrows

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    :busted: :lol:

I just updated it.

14. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a few dozen aswell :)