Traditional Equipment

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by united12, Jul 23, 2016.

1. united12

united12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if this has been asked before, but I can't recall ever seeing anybody on the show using traditional equipment. Just curious why that is. Is it because of a sponsorship commitment with Mathews, or is it just that none of the BHOD Staff are interested in hunting with traditional equipment?

2. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Sponsorship commitment may play a role, not just with mathews but with HHA, NAP, Pine Ridge, etc. There are a few of us that sling arrows the ol' fashion way occasionally. Mainly I think that because opportunities to kill deer on film are hard enough to come by, we'll take the advantage of the training wheels most of the time. :D

3. united12

united12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That makes sense. You guys make it look so easy and natural on film most of the time that it's easy for somebody like me (that doesn't film) to overlook how much extra work, time and stress that I can only imagine goes into capturing quality footage. But, after you mention that, I can definitely see why you wouldn't want the extra hindrance of using traditional equipment on film.

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I killed fish on the show with recurve for a couple seasons! LOL I hunted traditional for many years, its all we had when I started 39 years ago !